Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or ~~~~ onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- You can use the button in the editing toolbar to quickly add a signature.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- When uploading images for use on your user page, please add the prefix User .kool to the file's name.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:.kool/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
Cosmetic fix project is done!
The mini project was finished. Every item page has been edited to "cosmetic" instead of hat or misc items. However, keep your eyes open in any cosmetic related pages, some pages like updates and other information may still have hat or misc instead of cosmetic items.
[Be careful while editing pages with hats/misc informations, some of these need to kept since they have been obtained from the original source. However, informations that have been written by wiki editors might be editable. [See Classless Update for a good page example]]
For another example, don't change "Hatless" update to "Cosmeticless". That was the name of the update and wasn't changed, and this must be kept.
Even another example, don't change the update notes that have been obtained directly from the Steam Powered TF2 Update news, if it's written "hats" or "miscs", keep it like that.
Thank you for your work with the cosmetic fixes.