The Valley Forge is a community-created cosmetic item for Soldier. It consists of a dark tricorne hat similar to those worn in the American Colonial period, with a paintable team-colored ornament that surrounds the edges of the hat's upper part, a medal with an engraved TF symbol and a team-colored ribbon, and long light-gray hair along the side and back of the head, with a ponytail tied together with a team-colored ribbon, similar to hairstyles of the same time period.
The Valley Forge was contributed via the Steam Workshop.
- The Valley Forge was added to the game.
- Fixed incorrect alpha in the backpack images for the Valley Forge and the Founding Father.
- [Undocumented] Added the Valley Forge to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- Valley Forge was an encampment that George Washington and his army resided in during the winter of 1777-1778, under very poor conditions.
- Originally, this item consisted of the hat and medal only, while the hair was the part of the Founding Father item, being intended to fit under the Soldier's hats, similar to the hair of Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe. The hair were resigned to the headwear because of the importer tool's polygon limit.
- The hat is named 'The Valley Forge' because it is based on the hat Washington wore in the paintings at Valley Forge.