Make your master piece!
— Jungle Inferno announcement, Day 2
War Paint is an item type that was added in the Jungle Inferno Update to replace campaign weapon drops and weapon cases, and was first showcased on Day 2 of the update. When one of nearly forty patterns is selected from a War Paint Case, it can be previewed on a weapon and applied to create a new unique weapon with the selected pattern. War Paint and War Painted weapons have the Decorated quality, but can also be obtained in Strange or Unusual qualities. Paints and cases can be purchased using Blood Money from the Mercenary Park Gift Shop.
War Paints and past Reskins of all types can be applied to any compatible weapons within the Loadout Menu. These cannot be given at the user's discretion but can be bought if available on the Community Market. War Paints can be randomized as to generate pattern variations or can be manually selected. This Loadout for War Paints resembles the Loadout Menu choice used to select a War Paint for a weapon when redeeming a War Paint. Also they come in different exteriors which are: Factory New, Minimal Wear, Field-Tested, Well-Worn, and Battle Scarred.
War Paint Collections
Jungle Jackpot Collection
Infernal Reward War Paint Collection
Decorated War Hero Collection
Contract Campaigner Collection
Backwoods Boomstick Mk.II
Smalltown Bringdown Mk.II
Saxton Select Collection
Mann Co. Events Collection
Winter 2017 Collection
Scream Fortress X Collection
October 20, 2017 Patch #1
(Jungle Inferno Update
- 2 new War Paint collections made up of community-made War Paints and official War Paints.
- 2 new War Paint collections filled with Classic weapon skins being brought back for another tour.
October 20, 2017 Patch #2
- Fixed not being able to redeem War Paints.
- Fixed War Paints not displaying properly in the backpack.
October 23, 2017 Patch
- Fixed showing only a few weapons instead of the full set when redeeming a War Paint.
- Fixed War Paints and weapons that came out of campaign cases not displaying the correct rarity.
October 24, 2017 Patch
October 31, 2017 Patch
- Updated War Paints purchased from the Mercenary Park Gift Shop so they use all wear levels.
November 1, 2017 Patch
- War Paints directly purchased with Blood Money in the Mercenary Park Gift Shop and the Dragon Slayer come as Factory New again.
- Existing War Paints and weapons affected by yesterday's change will be fixed-up in the coming days.
- Fixed the War Paint icons in the Steam Community Market.
- War Paints now have individual listings on the Steam Community Market.
December 21, 2017 Patch
- Added 15 new community-contributed War Paints.
- War Paints can now be used for Mann Co. Trade-Ups.
January 3, 2018 Patch
- Fixed missing War Paint icons in the Steam Community Market and Steam Inventory.
- Updated materials for the Dovetailed War Paint to fix a problem with the alpha channel.
March 28, 2018 Patch #1
- Fixed seeing "Red Rock Roscoe War Paint" as a valid tool for all items in the context menu.
- Added the BLU skin to the Neo Tokyo War Paint.
May 17, 2018 Patch
October 19, 2018 Patch (Scream Fortress 2018)
- Added 10 new community-contributed War Paints.
- When the player is under Übercharge, firstperson weapon skins and War Paints will not show the Übercharge weapon skin.
- Backpack icons for War Paint weapons will be affected by certain console commands that affect lighting, such as
- War Paints cannot be applied to existing weapons in a player's inventory, using one creates a new item instead.
- War Paints obtained from keyless cases can never be Strange or Unusual.