— The Scout
The Whoopee Cap is a community-created cosmetic item for the Scout. It is a team-colored, crown-like cap adorned with badges displaying various logos seen in Team Fortress 2 maps and media.
The item's description was written by Sketch56 for the Hat Describing Contest, and was slightly edited by Valve.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background. Click on the images to enlarge them.
May 20, 2010 Patch (Second Community Contribution Update)
- The Whoopee Cap was added to the game.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- The Whoopee Cap was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Whoopee Cap.
- [Undocumented] The Whoopee Cap can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- The Whoopee Cap's painting texture was improved.
- The pins found on the hat feature:
- The Badland Brawlers sports team.
- Bonk! Atomic Punch Cherry Fission/Blutonium Berry.
- The Scout's class emblem.
- BLU Streak beer.
- Mann Co.
- RED/BLU team.
- XXX Cider.
- A miniature enemy Dispenser.
- The Whoopee Cap's description references Jughead Jones, of Archie Comics fame, who is well-known for wearing a similar cap.