From Team Fortress Wiki
how it works
at the moment it is extremely op:
- charges in ~210 fire damage, including afterburn
- alt-fire triggers a taunt, instantly refills your health, and gives crits for ~15 seconds, including duration of the taunt
- crits apply to primary only
- you can bypass the taunt by using it in midair
Stripedy 22:17, 15 December 2011 (PST)
Suggestion The weapon demonstration should also include whether or not it crit boosts other weapons as well... it was released kinda fast.
- I agree, can someone else test this please? EvaShark 11:43, 28 December 2011 (PST)
Isoleucine 15:44, 16 December 2011 (PST)
How does range compare to the other flamethrowers? Alioramus 20:01, 16 December 2011 (PST)
who removed the resupply bug
someone removed the resupply i addded.. W3inner 19:22, 16 December 2011 (PST)
Hadouken counts as fire damage.
The demonstration needs this >.> -- InShane 23:47, 16 December 2011 (PST)
3D picture for BLU is the wrong color
I'm not sure where else to report this, but if you look at the demonstration video and first person view, you'll see that the 3D picture for BLU is the wrong color - all of the bronze-colored parts should be silver, whereas in the the 3D view, only the canister and the orb on top of the gun change color. Keybored6522 08:41, 17 December 2011 (PST)
- It's cubemap. Not bug or anything else. Hinaomi 09:07, 17 December 2011 (PST)
Mmmph lost on resupply - bug or not?
As mentioned in the Bugs section, "Upon contact with a resupply cabinet, "Mmmph" is reset." Is there something official that confirms this as a bug? I imagine it could be intended behaviour - it prevents the Phloger Pyro from constantly ducking in and out of the resupply area, burn-and-running in relative safety until the Mmmph bar is filled. Pathetic One 15:18, 3 January 2012 (PST)
- Tough call. The Buff Banner doesn't reset when you touch the cabinet and the same could be said about that. -- Firestorm 15:21, 3 January 2012 (PST)
- True. But I think it's possible that Valve could just have made a different decision in this case, maybe because it's a little easier for a Pyro player to run out and spam close-range damage at the spawn mouth. As long as it's unclear I'd suggest just mentioning the behaviour and saying that it may or may not be a bug.
- But of course, if it's going to be controversial then we can just wait a few weeks and see what happens: if the Mmmph reset is still there after a couple of updates then it's much less likely to be a bug, and if it gets removed then it very probably was a bug and the question is moot anyway. Pathetic One 15:46, 3 January 2012 (PST)
- Agreed, as long as it's mentioned on the page, I don't think it's a big deal whether we consider it a bug or not. -- Firestorm 15:48, 3 January 2012 (PST)
i wouldn't call it a bug, because if you think about it logically, when you ressuply you would be grabbing a new Phlogistinator without the Mmmph. TubbyMonster 17:36, 30 April 2012 (PDT)
alt fire does NOT work underwater. this makes sense since you cannot taunt underwater. this does pose the question though, what happens if someone gets hit by the holiday punch while underwater? can someone test that? Nibelhim 19:53, 9 January 2012 (PST)
- You cannot taunt underwater. Therefore Holiday Punch crits have no effect. Fyahweather 19:55, 9 January 2012 (PST)
- I believe the ability to use the effects underwater was removed in the first patch after the update because people were bypassing the taunt vulnerability by jumping off buildings just before taunting. Same with the Eureka Effect. » Cooper Kid (blether) • (contreebs) 04:08, 10 January 2012 (PST)
+mmph hp regain
There have been rumors of having a phlog's mmph effect healing all damage done to it beyond zero. For example, a person said that "When you use the mmph bar at the exact time you are backstabbed, you gain all the health that the backstab did beyond zero." I wanna confirm if this is true...? Theodoremk 02:20, 19 February 2012 (PST)
It seems to be inspired from Weta?
Should someone delete the whole trivia becuase he's assuming, or just delete the word seems. Just wondering before I take an action. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Growncool7 (talk) • (contribs) 07:22, 4 March 2012
Should there be a new page for Mmmph? It is a taunt and every other special taunt has its own page. Upgrade 02:29, 12 March 2012 (PDT)
its the same as all the other flamethrower taunts. It's just this one activates the Mmmph. TubbyMonster 17:38, 30 April 2012 (PDT)
Phlogiston was believed to be contained in a combustible object and released during combustion, leaving the burnt "dephlogistinated" remains. Therefore, the Phlogistinator's name is a misnomer, since it burns, or "dephlogistinates" objects. I just thought it was a fun bit of trivia, not sure if it's worth adding to the page though.... Rum N Napalm 13:29, 21 March 2012 (PDT)
- Oppose The verb in the Wikipedia article is "dephlogisticated". The verb "phlogistinate" seems to be a made up word, probably intended to add to the futuristic feel of the Grordbort weapons. That's what I think personally. Compare to such made-up words as "burninate". – fashnek (talk·c) 13:34, 21 March 2012 (PDT)
According to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfMNyEBwT4&t=1m57s