Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or ~~~~ onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- You can use the button in the editing toolbar to quickly add a signature.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- When uploading images for use on your user page, please add the prefix User Kubrat to the file's name.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Kubrat/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
Re: Demonstration Q
I think it was you that left me that PM on IRC. I'll copy-paste response here: Hi, honestly my best guess is that no one noticed it needs it. I can't imagine a situation where we /wouldn't/ want a demonstration especially when we already have them for other miscs like Pocket Buddy. -- Lagg 04:35, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
- Hello! Yes, that was me. Though, I can't see the message I left you on the IRC. I don't know if it was deleted or something else happened. I would like to make a demonstration of the Pocket Santa and if you like how it is done, then I would make more videos for other items. Are there any tips you could give me on how to make the best video for that? - I already have all game settings at maximum for the best quality. --Kubrat (talk) 20:13, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
- IRC mostly leaves it to you to keep your client connected and logging. It's one of the simpler chat protocols so it doesn't work quite like discord and such. Here is the standard guide and instructions. I believe they're the same for cosmetics in general structure. Also make sure you check out the section about reserving so there's no duplicated effort. -- Lagg 23:08, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
- So, the messages disappear as soon as a person leaves the chat? - kind of inconvenient. Is there a program you can recommend, that helps with keeping a record of the messages?
Also, can you link me to any advanced tips about comment formatting on the Wiki? You do use a colon (:) as a way to reply to my messages (I assume it is used for that?) but I didn't see any information about that in the section about comment formatting etc.
About the demonstration - the information is mainly for weapon demonstration and I guess the overall information there applies to cosmetics as well. I assume I can just taunt to demonstrate the cosmetic itself. And btw, do I have to demonstrate all-class/multi-class cosmetics with each of the classes that use it, or I can use only one of them? Thank you! --Kubrat (talk) 14:47, 29 March 2021 (UTC)