Talk:Baby Face's Blaster
You can fill the boost meter with other weapons. I just don't know how to word it, exactly. -- TzuZen 20:33, 28 June 2012 (PDT)
Including bleed damage --Xyphink 20:11, 5 July 2012 (PDT)
the in the name
There's no "the" in the name. Can someone change that in the info box? Footlesssushi 12:07, 26 June 2012 (PDT)
There seems to be an edit war brewing over what the Scout's base speed will be with this weapon. The attributes say a 35% reduction, but there seems to be disagreement over whether it's a flat 35% reduction, or a relative 35% reduction. The only other weapon with this attribute, the Scotsman's Skullcutter is inconclusive as to whether it's flat or relative as for him both calculate to the same figure (i.e 85% of 280v is 238v, which is the same as 93% - 15% to 78%); but with the Scout there is a difference as 65% of 400v is 260v (87%), whereas the flat reduction goes from 133% to 98% (294v). TheChrisD Rants•Edits 04:48, 27 June 2012 (PDT)
- My suggestion is "Remove info about speed until patch release" Hinaomi 04:50, 27 June 2012 (PDT)
- Agreed. The wiki is for facts not speculation. Footlesssushi 06:16, 27 June 2012 (PDT)
40% More Accurate?
What does this mean? Does this just mean it has less shotgun bullet spread, as the shortstop does?Yuurg 06:27, 27 June 2012 (PDT)
The crafting recipe for the Baby Face's Blaster is a reclaimed and two Shortstops. Cheddars 19:31, 27 June 2012 (PDT)
Just uploaded the kill icon for this. I'm planning on uploading the rest of the kill icons for the other new weapons. Gooball60 08:50, 28 June 2012 (PDT)
I posted in the Triva section "You need to deal approximately 15 damage with this weapon equipped to get to 300 units/second (100% speed) and approximately 54 damage to get to 400 units/second (the default speed of the Scout)." For some reason it was removed entirely, without an explanation. Can someone tell me why? Mewizkuit 07:13, 30 June 2012 (PDT)
- It's simple calculating, no need to put in. Hinaomi 19:00, 30 June 2012 (PDT)
Gotta go fast(er)!
So, I've been enjoying the heck out of this blaster, but I've yet to see if you also get the speed effect of the Soldier's Disciplinary Action. Can anyone test this and help me figure it out?Furlock O'Donnell 01:01, 4 July 2012 (PDT)
- I suggest you ask your steam friends, so you have real-time communication. If that is somehow not an option, you could add me, as I would also like to know more about this gun. This is the best method of testing: 1. Get a soldier with the whip and two scouts with the blaster on a quiet server with replay enabled. 2. Have the scouts 'race' over a set, straight distance. One of them boosted with the whip, both with equal boost values. 3. Save the replay after testing. Play it over and over again with a stopwatch to get the (relative)speed difference. K-Raider NL 06:16, 11 October 2012 (PDT)
This is currently in the Bugs section: "Shooting at an invulnerable enemy will still grant the shooter Boost, although damage will not be dealt." The description says "On Hit:", not "On Damage:" I feel like because of this, it is in fact not a bug and should be added to Trivia. Thoughts? --Xyphink 20:15, 5 July 2012 (PDT)
- Agreed. Regardless of whether or not you're dealing damage, it's still a successful hit. ==Fax Celestis talkcontribhome 14:23, 11 October 2012 (PDT)
Damaging disguised spies does NOT charge boost. I completely forgot, even though that fact has frustrated me to no end. Does that go in the description, trivia or bugs? K-Raider NL 07:18, 12 October 2012 (PDT)
- Not bug, not trivia but note it in article like Ubersaw. Hinaomi (talk) • (contributions) 08:00, 12 October 2012 (PDT)
The game Crashes when i use this?
Anyone else who crashes often when they use the Baby Face's Blaster? Altair 03:52, 25 July 2012 (PDT)
- I don't see any reason why it would crash. Try deleting and reinstalling Team Fortress. If that doesn't work, maybe email Valve about it? --Digifreek 20:08, 28 July 2012 (PDT)
- Now that you mentioned I remember crashing while using that weapon. Strange. --Slider2k 18:55, 5 September 2012 (PDT)
Speed boost stack?
Does it stack with Crit-a-Cola 25% speed boost? I've ran around a bit and it seemed that [Crit-a-Cola] doesn't increase speed when boost meter is full. May need precise testing. --Slider2k 19:00, 5 September 2012 (PDT)
Outrun the hitbox?
As far as I know, the speed from Baby Face Blaster is faster than the Rocket/Sticky jump speed. I'm not going to against anything, but the testing on both things to compare the different and possibility of this bug would be better than edit war. Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 18:19, 22 July 2017 (PDT)
- Maybe some clarification could help. Just what is meant by "Outrun the hitbox"? Maybe I am misremembering, but I recall reading elsewhere that in general fast moving targets do lead their hit boxes and skilled players do aim a bit behind the model. Is this what is meant, the general game mechanic? Or is it meant that with Baby Face Blaster, speed is so increased that the lead the Scout gets on the hit box is so great that the model and the hit box separate? I don't know. Either way, I contend that it is not a bug anyway. Mikado282 (talk) 19:42, 26 July 2017 (PDT)
- Whether it exists or not, I don't know why you're still listing it. There is no proof of that nor does it make any sense (since high-speed movements would cause the bug (if it exists)); this doesn't mean this bug should also be listed on the rocket-jumping and PASS Time pages. I honestly don't know why you don't get it. MOCOLONI (talk) 08:46, 2 August 2017 (PDT)
- And you also no proof against it too, MOCOLONI. And speed from Rocket/Sticky Jumping are faster than 520HU? Like I said before, testing for possibility of this would help. But I can't do it because I have the work with in real life stuffs. Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 10:02, 2 August 2017 (PDT)
- You guys have to understand that it should NOT be listed until there's proof of that bug's existence, that's all I'm saying since the very beginning. If this wiki actually lists unconfirmed bugs, then I could list "On lagged conditions, the Boost meter may get reset" myself just because it "makes sense". MOCOLONI (talk) 10:20, 3 August 2017 (PDT)
- I have figured that this is simple Hitbox lag or Lag compensation. Am I wrong, Hinaomi? MOCOLONI, I am quite certain the effect exists because it is in the game's basic mechanics -- the faster you run, the more hitbox lag, and the Boost here is as about as fast as it gets. But because it is game mechanics, I argue that it is not a Bug, a Note maybe, but not a Bug. However, I am not sure the effect is noteworthy, since I can't rule out Heavy outrunning his hitbox with GRU if lag is bad enough. Mikado282 (talk) 20:40, 3 August 2017 (PDT)