Talk:List of game modes
|"Now that there was a fine piece 'a work."
List of game modes is a featured article candidate.
This page has been identified as possibly meeting the featured article criteria.
I added a bit of information pertaining the subject of the Training mode, if anybody objects to this let me know please. Guy 10:43, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
So is it taboo to guess at the undeclared gamemode? It seems to me it is going to be hunted from TFC. --The Blueberry Villain 20:57, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
Probably a CTF Race thing. Added some starter points, and Mr.Grant added some text (thanks!).
I'd like to propose separating each game mode into its own article, for better formatting, and to allow more game mode-specific information to be added. -- Nineaxis 17:24, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support: Da, diz vill work. -- OluapPlayer (t) 17:37, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support: What he said.--Focusknock 17:40, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
While I see your point, this article in its current state is very comprehensive. I may change my mind, I'll think on it. – Smashman (talk) 17:47, 6 September 2010 (UTC)Changing my decision to Support. Having a number of articles would mean we could expand them. Go for it! – Smashman (talk) 15:34, 12 September 2010 (UTC)
- Comment: Perhaps we should create each game mode page, but condense this page and leave it up as a sort of disambiguation for the game modes. --Firestorm 18:15, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support: Agreed.Every game mode should have its own page so we can put as many info as we want and not mess this page. Mitko1239 14:22, 9 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support: Same as others above. -- Nightbox (t 11:54, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
- Comment: Same as others above, including those who say 'same as others above'. --Underyx 15:48, 12 September 2010 (UTC)
- Comment: Can you give an example of something you'd like to add? Right now the only thing I see missing is strategy, and that should stay in it's page IMHO. --CruelCow 14:35, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support: Same as others above, including those who say 'same as others above', including those who say 'Same as others above, including those who say 'same as others above'.'. /shadow/sShaD'OhsS 05:20, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support: I agree. I also believe each fan made game mode is compiled into one article. --TheChaosLord977 18:31, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support: It might help the article by removing the links to the various maps in each section, since they're also listed in each game modes respective page, right? Dragonah 20:59, 8 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support: Don't see why not. Not going to bother cleaning this page until a decision is made. Vekter 19:31, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support: I like the idea of splitting, it allows us to put more information about each individual game mode in and keeps it readable. Mrnoj 02:37, 10 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support: A fine idea that I think should work. Dorieku 12:16, 21 November 2010
- Support: i agree also with the custom mods if they have a set of custom weapons then you could make it so that you make a list discribing them (if needs be i would do it)--Iaindude 10:35, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
- Support: agreed. Herring101 23:36, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Support: I second the above Kajoman 17:03, 11 October 2011 (PDT)
New Game Mode
So has there been any reports of any information on the new game mode. M-NINJA 22:04, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Not yet. -- OluapPlayer (t) 22:26, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- The SPUF has some leaked discussions of a Raid/Boss Mode. Speculating it plays similar to the HHH from Halloween. I anticipate that would be a new game mode comming soon.--The Blueberry Villain 13:45, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
I don't think the medieval section should just be about attack/defend, but about medieval as a whole.Untouch 04:34, 28 December 2010 (UTC)
Recently, a number of quotes were altered by a user, and I'd like them changed back. For example,
Thus, the joke is lost. You can see a list of all the changed qutations here. http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/index.php?title=List_of_game_modes&diff=536973&oldid=536919 Can I please have my silly quotes back? SilverHammer 21:17, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- It's important. SilverHammer 21:34, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
I'm not clear on this game mode having game modes thing. Take Control Point for instance. It says that Control Point is a game mode. Later, it says that it has two game modes itself. (A different page says it has three game modes.) Shouldn't the wording be changed for that subsection? Or do game modes have game modes within themselves? If you click on 'Start Playing' in TF2, it doesn't give you the option of picking "Control Point – Attack/Defend" or "Control Point – Standard Control Point". By the way, and I'm not saying that these are not modes, but why does TF2 only give you the option of playing "Payload", "King of the Hill", "Attack/Defense", "Payload Race", "Control Points", "Capture the Flag", and "Random"? Where is "Arena" and "Territorial Control", not to mention the "other modes" (not including "Training" since I see that easily) I read about? Rolandius 21:07, 12 October 2011 (PDT)
Halloween is an in game playing mode so in spit of that fact I believe we should add him to the list. Atlas 00:16, 12 April 2012 (PDT)
- It's not technically a game mode, as Halloween mode can be activate in CTF, Capture Point, Arena, Territorial Control, Payload or Medieval maps. It's the same case with Birthday mode; the only effect on gameplay is purely cosmetic. » Cooper Kid (blether) • (contreebs) 10:09, 12 April 2012 (PDT)
Medieval Mode appears twice, once as an Attack/Defend submode, and once under "Other modes". One should be axed. Which?--SilverHammer 19:04, 22 August 2012 (PDT)
- I always wondered about that. I think that Medieval Mode should just have a separate section since gameplay is substantially different from Control Points. Although Valve states that Degroot Keep is an "old-tymey Controlle Pointe map", we should err on the side of caution and keep Medieval Mode in a new section in case they add different maps.
I propose MvM have an article on the page. Anyone who supports or denies post below, and if I gan enough support, I will start working on the section. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kajoman (talk) • (contribs) 01:09, 12 October 2012
- There already is a Mvm section on this article. Also, in the future please sign your posts using the 4 tildes ~~~~ Mpnov 17:20, 11 October 2012 (PDT)
- Competitive tends to use their own config files, but if you're just trying to do an in-house PUG, you could easily just set it up with mp_highlander 1. Darkid (|) 10:40, 6 December 2013 (PST)
Supposed hint at new training map
Brandon Reinhart indirectly announced on the Official TF2 Blog on July 28, 2010, that Corey Peters is currently working on another official training map,<ref name="newtraining">http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=4130</ref> though details are as of yet unknown for which class or what gameplay mechanics it is focusing on.
I checked the link and while Brandon did say that Corey was working on a training map, it also said that Corey yelled that a Creeper had gotten onto the map.
A Creeper is a Minecraft mob.
A Minecraft mob got into a training map.
I'm guessing the map was for Minecraft or something, because last time I checked, Creepers don't exist in TF2. The paragraph above may be wrong. ⇒ Anyar (talk/contributions/giveaway) 11:20, 15 October 2017 (PDT)
Ooh ooh i have an idea!
Maybe mak ea pve based gamemode for halloween whre its a team of 6 and you fight zombies and bosses spawn when time passes until you fight the final boss which could be a new one or the ones already in the game.I know this is a dumb idea but myabe ut works out idk.≤ ThinkingSeal (talk) 02:29, 31 December 2018 (UTC)