Talk:Mann Co. Supply Crate Key
Mann Co. Supply Crate Key Level 5 Tool Used to open locked supply crates.
This item is consumable, not-tradable and not-craftable.
This key can be used to open one Mann Co. Supply Crate. When opened, you will recieve one of the items on the Supply Crate's item list.
This item is a Tool. It can be applied to another item in your backpack, and is consumed in the process. Click the 'Use with...' button in the backpack to start the process of applying it.
This item costs $2.49 USD for one use. Iloverice 04:46, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
Has it been confirmed that the Key can't be randomly dropped? Mistah Phoenix 13:17, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
Pretty much, but they might change it due to the obivously negative community reaction. It also doesn't make much sense that you can get crates through drops, but there's no way in hell you can open them without buying a key. Xarex
- It's to encourage you to buy the key, obviously. – Smashman (talk) 23:25, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
- 1 Droppable?
- 2 Craftable?
- 3 Merge
- 4 Value?
- 5 You are all weak! You are all Bleeders!
- 6 2 day wait
- 7 Self Made Nice Keys?
- 8 About 3 days before trade
- 9 Self-Made Nice Key
- 10 Keys in beta?
- 11 eerie key/loot
- 12 A question.
- 13 Wait Time Out Of Date?
- 14 Incorrect pricing? (for the UK at least)
- 15 Opening not allowed?
YES, I know it's been asked a million times, but people have been claiming that Keys DO drop, but at the Hat Rate, in response to the amount of flack the TF2 team caught for having an item drop that required you to buy the key thus spending money and getting a plain old weapon most players already had that wasn't worth $2.49. Any word on this, Smash? I can't find anything about it, and you talk to Robin, so let us know? Also, there are at least tradable keys somehow; Robin has one in his backpack. --Skunk 21:56, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
- Also, there seems to be 5 keys traded to other players according to tf2items.com. --ISpycheck 20:46, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah I heard of people finding keys too, but I haven't actually seen any. Also can you give a link to that stat page on tf2items.com? --Crash3MSTR 06:01, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
- What they should do, is have the crates in the store to buy, or increase the Key drop rate, it doesn't make sense, as stated above to drop a crate, then never be able to use it or craft it. Valve is only angering the players. --Hawkshadow741
- http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=80 --Mechlord 14:17, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
I've been hearing that people are now able to craft keys somehow, how exactly is that possible?--Kingplatypus3rd 01:02, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- I've heard nothing of the sort, likely rumor. I'll drop by SourceOP though to double-check. StarYoshi 01:03, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- Very untrue, most probably just a rumour somebody wanted to start. - Attaint 01:09, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
I noticed that after the most recent update the key is listed as craftable in the Mann Store.  Guysmiley 14:42, 15 November 2011 (PST) I have sent an email off but have not yet received as response if this listing is correct or not.
Yippee Skippee! -= M-NINJA =- 03:31, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
Does anyone actually know the value of the key? Like how much is it worth, is it two reclaimed or a refined or something like that?
Thunderstorm 10:57, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
- We don't do trading values. Ask on the Steam Forums. These talk pages are for discussing the articles and not arbitrary offshoots. – Smashman (talk) 11:12, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
You are all weak! You are all Bleeders!
Regarding the Stocking Stuffer Key, I wonder if any continue to exist. I mean, I heard they was only given to Players active during the Double Drop Week, and seeing as they could open either Crate, plus were Free, I wonder if any more exist (Well, besides mine of course). Lancer anti-tank Rocket 10:46, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
2 day wait
why did they add a 2 day wait until the key is tradable? Turtlebolt 22:10, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
Self Made Nice Keys?
Some people who have had their community items accepted for Christmas have also received Self Made Nice Keys. An example; http://steamcommunity.com/id/JZeeba/inventory/#440_2_609986210 It's a fair majority of them, though, so, I'm not sure they ALL had a part in making the key model, but if anyone has any info, that'd be great. Kardia Munr 23:57, 15 December 2011 (PST)
About 3 days before trade
> The key becomes trade-able 3 days after purchasing it from the store if the user's last purchase from Steam was less than 30 days ago.
Hmm, is that right? Maybe not less but more? I've bought some things in mann co store then a bit later I bought some keys - they all became tradable immediately. I changed this plz check is that was right. --Askarmuk 03:53, 20 February 2012 (PST)
Self-Made Nice Key
Also about text cannot be used on regular crates. I think it need additional proving. --Askarmuk 04:15, 20 February 2012 (PST)
Keys in beta?
I was playing a lot of beta lately (dont ask me why) and I found this guy with a Strange Scattergun. He equipped it and sure enough it was strange. I have not seen anybody on beta who had keys. How can you obtain keys in beta? Is it impossible. Another time , I seen this one guy unboxed paint. (Zenphinah's Green). Is it really rare? Thewaterserpent 02:18, 14 July 2012 (PDT)
- Please do not put the extra space. It makes me and another user hard to read. Hinaomi (talk) - (contributions) 03:28, 14 July 2012 (PDT)
It says that the stuff it unlocks is only visible during haloween/full moon, but this isn't on the item tag for a lot of the gear. Does this mean the gear will be wearable year-round? If not that's pretty misleading to think you can uncrate things that aren't restricted when they are and should be mentioned. Mike 13:17, 29 October 2012 (PDT)
In the Event Keys section, all the keys up until the Nice Winter Crate Key say "The X Key was...", but after the Nice Winter Crate Key all the entries say "The X Key is..." Should this be "is" or "was"? IndispensableIrritations 21:17, 27 November 2012 (PST)
- You know you make a good point... Since the keys have expired. Pretty sure once a key has expired we should change it to past tense. As it no longer exists in TF 2. Ashes 00:35, 28 November 2012 (PST)
Wait Time Out Of Date?
- Modified to reflect upon the new changes regarding a week before trading. Ashes (talk) 12:24, 21 February 2015 (PST)
Incorrect pricing? (for the UK at least)
Currently, in the Mann Co. Store for the UK version of TF2, the price of a key is £1.89, but the wiki page for the key says £1.79. Is this a mistake, or is it directly linked to some API that has not been updated?
Opening not allowed?
When trying to open a blue moon case with it's key, it says "Opening not allowed, opening the container is not allowed in your country" ( i live in mid-europe ) Anturified (talk) 18:11, 29 June 2020 (UTC)