- 1 Kill Icon not displaying most of the time
- 2 Hidden Messages?
- 3 Server Crash when sapped by stock sapper?
- 4 Too much of a nerf?
- 5 Function times
- 6 Old bug, new bug.
- 7 Buggy sentry?
- 8 Youtube video of glitch
- 9 In MvM
- 10 Barcode
- 11 Slot Token?
- 12 Youtube Demonstration video Privitized
- 13 Sap Auteur Achievement
Kill Icon not displaying most of the time
I'm not sure what the conditions are, but it seems that most of the time, the kill icon for the weapon doesn't show up. Occasionally it shows up, and it seems to happen most often on active teleporters. Anyone know why it doesn't display so often? Mewizkuit 20:27, 2 August 2012 (PDT)
- yea, I couldn't manage to reproduce a situation where it showed up. It just kind of does it when it feels like it. Balladofwindfishes 20:29, 2 August 2012 (PDT)
- I've only had it show up twice for me. Once for a dispenser, and once for a teleporter. (but only one, not both teles) Also, probably not relevant for the wiki, but interesting fact anyway, I was on an achievement server that had sentries premade on the map that respawn the instant they are destroyed. Using this sapper however, they never came back. People got mad at me. My guess is that it isn't counting as a kill, but more like an engineer destroying it himself. That just a guess though. Redjarman 00:37, 3 August 2012 (PDT)
I've heard that within the sounds, there is clear speaking. Not only in English, either. Perhaps this can be investigated and added to the trivia section? CoolJosh3k 09:17, 3 August 2012 (PDT)
- It's not really trivia, but yes, two of the sound clips for the Recorder have speaking. One has (unintelligible) English, the other has what I assume is Chinese in it. -- Ragnar Homsar 09:20, 3 August 2012 (PDT)
Server Crash when sapped by stock sapper?
Please elaborate. I witnessed glitched sentries ALL NIGHT, and not a single time did the server crash if a regular sapper was attached. The only difference was that it took longer to take down the building, as the dps of the stock sapper is limited.
StalinJr 10:24, 3 August 2012 (PDT)StalinJr
- yea, I meant to remove this. Someone I know tested it and there was no crash. I think it was a rumor that made its way onto here and just stuck. Balladofwindfishes 10:26, 3 August 2012 (PDT)
Too much of a nerf?
I feel as though the new change is a little too strong of a nerfing to even bother with the Red-Tape, does anyone else? Before, with the quick downgrade time, it was useful for those quick little moments where you could only slap a sapper on for a moment or two before it got knocked off again. Now it seems like it takes so long to do anything that you might as well not bother, and just use the vanilla sapper. NoraVulpes 18:06, 3 August 2012 (PDT)
- At the wiki, our goal is to document what the game is, not what people feel it should be. If you want to discuss the current behavior of a weapon, this is a great place. Discussing what you feel it ought to be is a matter for one of the multitude of forums about TF2 on the internet. — Armisael (T | C) 18:09, 3 August 2012 (PDT)
Good news! A friend of mine got his hands on the new sapper and we tested out some function times. They're not very accurate, but they do seem to be the same as the time it takes for the building to construct itself. I rounded the numbes on the page to halves os seconds. The real numbers are over here. My reaction time is not that great, unfortunately. I also do not know how to use the table format. Can someone lend me a hand? The test was performed on the fourth of august, 17:00 pm GMT. The time it takes for the red tape recorder to demolish a full-health building is:
Sentry: lvl1 10.68s - lvl2 12.36s - lvl 3 14.00s (note that the time it takes for a sentry to build itself to lvl 1 with the regular wrench is 10.5 s) Dispenser: lvl1 21.24a - lvl2 22.94s - lvl3 24.56s (It seems the sapper removes an upgrade in +- 1.6 s) Teleporter: lvl1 21.13 - lvl2 24.18s - lvl3 27.20s (My reaction time was consistent at last. It takes 3s for one downgrade.) Mini sentry: not available yet.
I will upload a youtube video with the replay(s) where we tested this. K-Raider NL 09:38, 4 August 2012 (PDT)
Here are the video's. Sentries and dispensers Teleporters Not shown in the video's: Mini sentries are destroyed in 10.5 seconds. The sapper takes an equal amount of time to destroy a lvl1 sentry, while regular sapper make short work of mini sentries. I couldn't get this in a video due to server-side replay errors. Someone please use this to update the page. K-Raider NL 14:56, 4 August 2012 (PDT)
Old bug, new bug.
The bug that increases building maximum health has been fixed. I removed it from the bug list. I also discovered that buildings that were sapped and unsapped while still under construction, (before reaching level 1) take damage somewhere in the process. That has been added to the bug list. K-Raider NL 11:45, 6 August 2012 (PDT)
Could someone direct me to a video showing the behavior of the buggy sentry that sometimes results from removing this sapper from a mini-sentry? I'd like to test it myself, but I can't manage to get my hands on one, nor do I have the opportunity to try it on a server since I don't have a Gunslinger. Digifreek 07:55, 8 August 2012 (PDT)
Youtube video of glitch
Luxab 17:33, 11 August 2012 (PDT)
I just noticed the RTR has a flaking barcode at the back. Can someone decode it, and does it say something? — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Modulus365 (talk) • (contribs) 11:44, 19 September 2012
- Isolated the barcode and ran it through a barcode reader, which came up with nothing. It's probably gibberish. Here's isolated, sharpened files if anyone wants to try further enhancements:
- ==Fax Celestis talkcontribhome 11:10, 19 September 2012 (PDT)
Has anyone tried creating a slot token with only this item?
Noobyorkcity 20:54, 15 October 2012 (PDT)
- welp ... now we know
- Noobyorkcity 01:43, 20 January 2013 (PST)
Youtube Demonstration video Privitized
for some odd reason, the video demonstrating the Red-Tape is a private video now, unavailable to be watched by anyone but the owner. Just something that would be helpful to know Kajoman 09:02, 4 April 2013 (PDT)
- I think it prepare for redone, I think. Maybe this page is the think you're looking for ask. Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 09:36, 4 April 2013 (PDT)
Sap Auteur Achievement
Does any building "unbuilt" by this weapon count towards this achievement? Because I don't seem to be getting any points for that using the Red Tape Recorder. --KZN02, The Master of Tediousness (Talk|Contribs) 09:21, 24 May 2013 (PDT)