Metal Trading Info
I added to the tips the most basic information on how Metal is important in trading. I believe there should be an entire section devoted to explaining how metal is used as currency, how metal values are vital in defining the value of all kinds of items (how vintage and stranges are more valuable due to their rarity, etc.; this is only hinted at in this article), and that metal prices fluctuate. The section could even explain how higher valued items are valued in terms of keys, and incrementally up to buds. I'll leave the metal tips where they are for now. Help, comments and suggestions on this is appreciated. Kreachure 15:56, 13 December 2012 (PST)
- Done adding the Currency and Item Value sections. Any corrections and additions are very welcome. In particular for the pricing guides links, in case some are considered inappropriate or excessive. Thanks. Kreachure 09:25, 21 February 2013 (PST)
Premium and free trading
- Remember to sign your posts! Also, Premium is able to trade however the free person cannot give anything back. Free players can still recieve traded items though. Ashes 01:42, 27 January 2013 (PST)
Craft # and named/desc'd items are considered dirty?
The crafter's name and the name/desc can be wiped; I've never seen these used as a basis for a lower value in trading. Craft numbers 1-100 which are immutable are considered collector's and worth much more. mojangsta (talk) 16:44, 14 June 2014 (PDT)
I have 2 accounts one is free to play, and the other is pay to play. On the free to play it will not let me put up items to trade. I can receive items from other players but that is all. Honestly I think it was a bug. If so you may consider reporting it to valve, but please do not share this with the community as this May damage the market.User:cokepolarbear 7:55, 20 June 2014
In trade holds... "When trading items with other parties and only Steam Guard is enabled, the trade may be placed on hold for up to 15 days."
Why punish the F2P?
I mean it makes sense, but most of us are F2P because we don't have the money/aren't old enough to receive money for P2P. Also, one time, someone threatened to VAC ban me, because they thought I was trade scamming. When in reality, I was (and still am) F2P. And now knowing the issue, I attempt to stay away from trade offers. But in my case I still think this is a problem... come on, we don't have trade servers for nothing... Do we? Anyway, LET THE F2P TRADE FREELY!!!
- In here we're only discussing anything that related to the page. This is not the place to discuss about opinions. Please visit the Team Fortress 2 Steam Discussion instead. Thank you. Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 21:54, 13 January 2018 (PST)
To get that you get
We need to make a little thing on the sidelines of the tradeing, it will say “you will need this much scrap to confirm the trade, or is it a gift”
Password Change Hold
There are two separate places on this wiki page that tell the reader how many days they have to wait until they can trade again if their password changes, but both have different amounts of time. The first place says 15 days and the second says 5. Which of these is correct? Da703337 (talk) 11:18, 11 September 2022 (UTC)
- It seems like when you reset (not change) your password, it has a 5-day restriction. If you haven't had any account activity for the prior 2 months it'll last 30 days. Changing your password doesn't apply any restriction. source.
- When adding Steam Guard Mobile/E-mail Authenticator, it'll be a 15-day restriction. source.
GrampaSwood (talk) 11:20, 11 September 2022 (UTC)