Template talk:All class hat table
- 1 Lang?
- 2 Pics
- 3 Polycount
- 4 Missing some hats
- 5 Split
- 6 Sort Order
- 7 HOUWAR Image
- 8 Table headers
- 9 Adding Dr. Grordbort's Crest
- 10 Merc pride scarf
- 11 2nd wave MvM medals
- 12 Promotional Items from different updates
- 13 ¿Are these Promotional Items?
- 14 Half jack and Military grade JACK hat icons
- 15 Hot Dogger & Bot Dogger
- 16 Need to add
Missing some hats
Sorry how I'm writing this here, but this page Engineer hasn't got some all class headgear.
With the inclusion of the Dueling Badges (and the Polycount Pin), should we split this template?
E.g. All_class_misc_items_table --Kid Of The Century 09:24, 6 October 2010 (UTC)
- No, they would only ever appear together anyway. -- Pilk (talk) 15:52, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- Oh well. Probably it will be more appropriate when every class will get their personal misc items... if ever. I'm removing the split.--Kid Of The Century 21:08, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
I'd like to suggest sorting these by an order other than chronologically by release date.JARSInc 09:29, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
- Eh, nevermind, I've changed my own mind. How they are is fine. JARSInc 05:23, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
Currently its showing the original icon. Are we keeping it this way on purpose since the "updated" octopus hasn't gone out client side or is this some bug with the template and it doesn't like Joe's image? -= M-NINJA =- 02:14, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
Adding Dr. Grordbort's Crest
Someone else will have to do this for this template. I've got to work in the morning, and I must go now. 404 User Not Found 20:42, 20 July 2011 (PDT)
Merc pride scarf
2nd wave MvM medals
The 2nd wave of MvM medals aren't really promotional, what should the header be? They're sharing the Whale Bone Charm's promotional section. Should it be changed with a new entry or what? Davo-(Page|Talk|Contribs) 04:03, 11 June 2013 (PDT)
Promotional Items from different updates
Since most of items have a header indicating the Update they were added to the game, I think promos that were added to the game in different patches should have different headers, even if both are "Promotional". That would make clear they were from different Patches.ReviewerRandom (talk) 03:52, 15 June 2013 (PDT)
- Not really need to do, but it's not a bad idea, maybe I'll discuss about this in IRC. Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 03:54, 15 June 2013 (PDT)
¿Are these Promotional Items?
Instead of making different threads for this, I decided to make a list of all the items that have "Promotional" header, but aren't actually promotional:
- Cheater's Lament: (September 2, 2009 Patch) Was given to those which didn't cheat (duh). There's nothing special about this update besides that. Suggested Header: Distributed.
- Wiki Cap: (Mann-Conomy Update) It isn't actually part of a promotion, since it's distributed. Suggested Header: Mann-Conomy Update.
- Lo-Fi Longwave: (June 10, 2011 Patch) Ditto. It's ocasionally given as a contest prize. Suggested Header: Distributed.
- Party Hat: (August 23, 2011 Patch). It was part of the Anniversary Update (although it wasn't officially called that way), and is distributed annually. Suggested Header: 15th Anniversary (Linking to the Patch page).
- Top Notch: (November 23, 2011 Patch). Seriously, how is THIS ONE supposed to be "Promotional"?. Suggested Header: Distributed.
- Dueler, Philateler & Gifting Man From Gifting Land: (March 28, 2012 Patch). These are daily given to the player who did [X] more than anyone else that day. Suggested Header: Distributed.
- Conspiracy Cap & Public Accessor: (April 3, 2013 Patch). Were given to the players who participated in the April Fools event in Reddit. Suggested Header: Reddit April Fools 2013 or April Fools 2013, linking to the April Fools fake Update Page. (I also suggest changing the availability of those hats from "Promotional" to "Distributed".
- Tournament Medals (ETF2L, GWJ, UGC, ESL, ESH, Ready Steady Pan): These are prizes for Competitive Play. Suggested Header: Competitive Play or the Name of the Tournament ("ETF2L Highlander", "UGC Highlander Season 3", etc).
- Spirit of Giving: (December 21, 2011 Patch). Is annually given to players which play log in around the season. Suggested Header: Distributed. (I suggest to remove it from the list of Promotional Items)
- Map Maker's Medallion: (January 17, 2012 Patch). It was a prize given at the winners of the Art Pass Contest. Suggested Header: Art Pass Contest.
- Something Special For Someone Special: (February 14, 2012 Patch). Is a purchase item. Suggested Header: Mann Co. Store or Steam Workshop.
- Operation Gear Grinder Badge & Operation Oil Spill Badge: (October 9, 2012 Patch). Is distributed to the players who win a Round of Mann Up in their respective difficulties. Suggested Header: Distributed.
- Tux: (February 14, 2013 Patch). Yes, it is a Promotional Item, but I have a suggestion. Suggested Header: Linux Update (I remember Valve calling the Update that way). ReviewerRandom (talk) 05:19, 15 June 2013 (PDT)
- The Wiki Cap is definitely promotional, just not for a game, more precisely for the Wiki. I think a Distributed items page is a good idea, as they were all given out in some form or another by a Valve employee or user. – Smashman (talk) 05:22, 15 June 2013 (PDT)
- Excepting Something Special For Someone Special. – Smashman (talk) 05:22, 15 June 2013 (PDT)
Half jack and Military grade JACK hat icons
I think someone mixed up the icons for the half jack and JACK hat
KOTSlagia 13:29, 18 July 2016 (PDT)
Hot Dogger & Bot Dogger
- Yep. We're working on it right now. -- Dr. Scaphandre 08:37, 22 September 2016 (PDT)
Need to add
The table is missing the TF2 Maps 72 Hr Winter Jam Participant. SCUNT MAIN 10:35, 28 April 2017 (PDT)
- It's missing more items, actually. I know how the template works though, and what items are missing, so I'll try to add the missing ones next week if I'm up for it. Thanks for the heads-up! Wookipan (talk | contribs) 10:45, 28 April 2017 (PDT)