Found in game files but currently unused. To be updated upon more info. Lemonysnicket 12:49, 10 October 2012 (PDT)
Mecha-Engineer or Engineer Robot?
Just wondering whether we should have the page as either "Mecha-Engineer" or "Engineer Robot". So far, it has only officially been called the Mecha-Engineer by valve, so I feel like I am more leaning towards this. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mahxxeh (talk) • (contribs) 23:07, 20 December 2012 (UTC)
- I'd stick with 'Engineer Robot', because it stays consistent with the other Robot pages, and none of the other robots have actually been given the Mecha prefix yet. --Pakaku 16:17, 20 December 2012 (PST)
Engiebots' buildings have boosted health, is there any way we can find out how much?
I've noticed while fighting engineer bots that their Sentries and Teleporters are a lot tougher those built by players. They take a lot more damage to destroy, and they even take a longer time to sap. Is there any way we can find out exactly how much health they have? There's nothing in the .pop files about it, and you can't view building health in spectator mode or with the Spy's health-viewing ability, so I'm out of ideas. Keybored6522 11:23, 24 December 2012 (PST)
- Good question and honestly thats a tough one to answer. And you're right I've noticed that engi buildings take alot to destroy. (the robot ones). Ashes 13:22, 25 December 2012 (PST)
- Okay, I've done some testing, and I've finally found the answers to this question.
- - The Sentry is actually just an ordinary Level 3, with no health boost at all - it has 216 health, or 217 when it's first deployed, just like the ones built by players.
- - The Teleporter does have a health boost, though - it's a Level 1 with double health, so it has 300.
- Keybored6522 10:16, 18 February 2013 (PST)
Do sappers work as normal vs Robo-engy buildings? If so, or if not, is this worth mentioning on the page? If they work as normal, what does the red-tape recorder do, since the Robo-buildings start off at level three? Can they be reduced below that? --Itsacon 02:43, 3 January 2013 (PST)
- Sappers work as normal on Robo-Engie buildings, except...
- 1: It's MvM, so the sapper has to recharge after putting a sapper on just one building.
- 2: The sapper radius upgrade does NOT apply to buildings. If you sap the Engineer, or, say, a passing Scout, it'll also sap all the nearby robots, but not the buildings. Alternatively, if you sap a building, nothing else will get sapped - not any nearby buildings, and not any nearby robots.
- I don't know about the RTR, though. Keybored6522 08:59, 3 January 2013 (PST)
Red Tape Recorder and robo teleporters
there is a bug that makes it so the icon for an active teleporter on the field does not go away when you've destroyed a robo-engi's teleporter with the red tape recorder. the administrator will also shout out as if there is still a teleporter on the field. i'd like to document this but i'd like to make sure whether it should go in this article, or the red tape recorder's article. or both? JoeyTheDuck 13:09, 17 January 2013 (PST)
- It could go on both pages.--Piemanmoo 13:33, 17 January 2013 (PST)