There are quite number of redlinks on this page. Now that it's a "main" page link, are these red links going to be made into actual pages or removed? Really, the only useful page I could see is hitboxes ... maybe hitscan. Thoughts? - Vlad The Impaler 23:41, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
- Well, the redlinks might not warrant individual articles, but I do think most (if not all) warrant at least their own sections. Launch options definitely deserves either its own article, or should be listed in detail on a Steam article that could include the Steam Cloud redlink. Hitscan, hitboxes, and projectiles might be better off as section in an article about Hit detection. HLStatsX I figured would get an article if more obscure plugins have them. RCON I assumed wouldn't actually be an article on RCON specifically, but might be an article like Running a server. Tournament mode might be in that as well. Commentary, particle, and material editors could probably just be part of a Tool mode article. And I linked "fps" because I thought it would be good to plan on an article about the various methods for improving fps, which definitely has an impact on gameplay. Metagame is a definitely noteworthy topic, though it's hard to define with such a diverse community.
- I'm definitely open to suggestions on all this. Just sharing my thoughts on it while the discussion's still fresh. ~G-Mang (T|C) 23:50, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
The 2fort screenshot makes no sense to a beginner. The health beam seems to be latching on the enemy heavy, and the medic's health is somehow 144 even though the player is clearly heavily wounded. Hell-met 00:55, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
- I was JUST gonna bring this up. We should have a less action-y screenshot, and one not from the beta. One from the actual game. Borg184 04:42, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
Isn't getting heads with eyelander a status effect? You deal more damage, have more health and have a particle effect in your eye. --SandeProElite 14:04, 10 March 2011 (UTC)
Hey I just wanted to point out that the Conniver's Kunai has an overheal effect, the Fan'o'war gives minicrits, and the Concheror could be said to heal if that matters. I don't want to edit thoug, because I might screw something up. Thanks.
- The concheror buff needs to be added. We'll have to come up with a name for it, though. I propose we just call it "Health drain". K-Raider NL 05:47, 14 January 2013 (PST)
- Health drain? Isn't it health gain? Darkid (|) 06:03, 14 January 2013 (PST)
Fatswimdude 03:14, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- I see 'Marked for Death' is already on there. Just a Gigolo - (talk) 03:16, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- already added it. THE3STOOGES 03:23, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
Wouldn't the Vaccinator's resistance effect be its own sort of status effect, especially since it's indicated over the affected players' heads? Xyrofen 02:04, 23 March 2013 (PDT)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've noticed that the speed percentage for some classes are incorrect. As seen in-game, the Pyro is the third fastest class before Scout and Medic, faster than the Spy, Sniper and Engineer (which are shown with the same speed percentage as the Pyro in the article). I'm certain about the Spy, since you can observe how the speed increases as you disguise as an enemy Pyro. The opposite thing happens with the Soldier and the Heavy: these two classes have (in my experience) the same movement speed. Again, I could be wrong if the movement speed in-game actually exists, but is barely noticeable. Otherwise this should be edited. Thanks. Runace! 14:39, 24 July 2011 (PDT)
- Spies can't run any faster than their default speed if they disguise as a faster class, though they will move slower if disguised as a slower class. The Heavy is by far the slowest, even compared to the Soldier. I'm pretty sure the speed tables are correct. » Cooper Kid (Blether · Contreebs) 19:24, 24 July 2011 (PDT)
Well, just on sniper talk page was talking about lagging hitbox, I'll just post it here:
"Moving platforms If a sniper is on a moving platform aiming at something else on another moving platform and there is a considerable distance between them, the hit box is not where the character is but rather slightly behind the target or slightly infront of the target depending on the direction each platform is moving. Should there be a mention about this? Nibelhim 06:42, 27 September 2011 (PDT) "
Well, should there be some sort of mention about platform movement affecting hitboxes etc? btw. a stationary sniper shooting at a target on a moving platform is able to aim exactly at the target and a person shooting at a stationary while on a moving platform seems to have difficulty aiming as well Nibelhim 06:53, 27 September 2011 (PDT)
- Yeah, this is really a problem on Balloon Race maps. Can anyone do some tests? » Cooper Kid (blether) • (contreebs) 08:17, 27 September 2011 (PDT)
Crit Boost, Damage Reduction, Speed Boost, and a variety of other status effects can be added with the Upgrade Station or a Canteen. Is this worth adding to the article?
- Go for it. You could probably group most of them with pre-existing sections. Darkid (Talk | Contribs) 18:54, 17 July 2014 (PDT)
Problems about ÜberCharge
At "Positive effects" section of this page and some other places, ÜberCharge only refers to the invulnerable ability provided by medic.
However, at the page of ÜberCharge , the concept extends to all the effects from medic's healing weapons.
I wonder if there is anything we can do to make it more clear for readers. And my half-baked advice is to change some "ÜberCharge"s to "Invulnerable"s.