Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or ~~~~ onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- You can use the button in the editing toolbar to quickly add a signature.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- When uploading images for use on your user page, please add the prefix User Epsilonal to the file's name.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Epsilonal/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
Community events' format
I want to start saying that every feedback and contribution is appreciated, however I see that you singlehanded made several changes regarding the title section from "Approved Missions" to "Maps and Missions", like this one for example.
Did you discuss these changes beforehand? Was this brought to a Talk Page or the IRC for others to see and give an opinion on the matter?
It is highly recommended to have a community mindset when editing in the wiki, this includes in engagement and participating/creating discussions.
- Hi Yossef,
- Apologies for the confusion - I wasn't aware that section header changes were meant to be discussed beforehand. Some of the titles in these community MvM event pages weren't internally consistent with one another (e.g. some were 'Approved Missions' whilst others were 'Approved Maps and Missions', etc), so I updated the section headings on each page to keep everything looking cohesive. This is also reflective of the fact that these events don't just include custom missions, but also custom maps.
- The reason for removing the word 'approved' is that I assumed it was redundant to list them as 'approved' here, since only missions that were approved would be released in the operation anyway (and therefore get documented here).
- I'm happy for the section heading to be 'Approved Maps and Missions' (or whatever prefix is appropriate: 'Campaign' / 'Event' / 'Operation' / 'Tour' + 'Maps and Missions' or just simply 'Maps and Missions' by itself) on all pages instead, if you would prefer. My only opinion here is that I think all of these pages should have internally consistent format schemes where possible. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding, will make sure to discuss these types of changes in future.
Custom Payload Cart Model (Bloodwater, etc.) to HLMV Guide
Hi. I finished writing the guide as mentioned on my talk page, it's here: User:Gabrielwoj/Custom_Payload_Renders (2nd section: "Re-constructing a custom Payload cart model that uses separate objects on top of it"). It should be an official guide sometime once I proofread and improvise a couple of other things, but the main instructions are already there. I also noticed that the Payload page has a request for the Hellstone payload cart, I'd like to do that one as well, I will check if it requires the same steps as the three payload carts I just did that require all those steps from the guide. - ▪ - 15:32, 19 December 2022 (UTC)
- Wow, that was fast. I'll take a read through it, thanks again! Epsilonal (talk) 12:34, 20 December 2022 (UTC)
TF Classic Weapon Demonstration
Ummmm... Hi. Sorry for the extremely late answer. I actually read your comment in the weapons demonstration page a few days after you posted it, but I couldn´t answer before. Thanks for offering free copies of the game, but at least I myself don´t need them. The game is pretty cheap, so I can afford it, or just pirate it if necessary because let's be honest, I doubt Valve is trying to sell it anymore. I will probably buy HL1 in the future, though. Really, the best help I think you could provide is contacting Lolimsogreat21 cause he reserved the demonstration of the crowbar and I have absolutely no idea of what or how he is doing, and last thing I know he needs to find either a bot program or some other volunteer. But thanks for offering to help in the first place, it's appreciated.Anonymus0 (talk) 19:39, 21 December 2022 (UTC) edited to fix thingAnonymus0 (talk) 19:40, 21 December 2022 (UTC)