Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add --~~~~.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to the end of your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for an administrator.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Tabs/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
'bout some dem redirects
So I've noticed you've been going around adding redirects to articles, that's fine, but I'd ask you to be a little more careful in what you make a redirect and what you make a disambiguation. On three separate occasions today (Conscience, Sallet helmet and Bauble) you've created a redirect where a disambiguation would be more appropriate. I've fixed this now, but please be more careful when creating redirects in future. Thanks, -Mr. Magoolachub 02:10, 13 January 2012 (PST)
- Oops, you're right. Been too enthusiastic about those redirects. Tabs 02:12, 13 January 2012 (PST)
Please only create redirects that users are likely to type into the search box or are useful in some way. Nobody will ever type out Dispense-O-Matic 9000 Provisions Dispenser or Sentry mechanical firing device instead of Dispenser or Sentry, for instance. i-ghost 03:59, 13 January 2012 (PST)
- Oh. I have, just to see if they redirect, and someone else had redirected Uhlman Build-Matic Wrench to Wrench so I thought it was okay. Tabs 04:02, 13 January 2012 (PST)
- Please stop making mixed case and/or acronymic redirects; they are useless at best. A reader is more likely to search for a part of a word rather than use acronyms as they would have no idea the acronym redirect would have existed anyway, and they are never going to be inserted into pages. Thanks. i-ghost 08:08, 25 January 2012 (PST)
Thanks for fixing those mistakes in PDA of mine. Editing at 1 in the morning can produce some wacky results.Atonement 14:58, 4 March 2012 (PST)
- Sorry, I'll remember that. Tabs 20:18, 7 March 2012 (PST)
Hey, I noticed you've been doing a lot of edit on the disambiguation pages and there are a few things I'd like to point out... First the items are ordered in release date and not alphabetical order, like on the Fedora page, you alphabetize only if two items are released at the same date.
I don't understand why on disambiguations like this you replaced the link to the weapons page to the class page, when the class page is already link with the class name, 3 words later ? If you want to be more precise why not link to Weapons#heavysecondary instead of Heavy#Secondary ? It links 2 pages and just shows all the secondary weapons for the Heavy what is to be expected if you click on "secondary weapon" in my mind. Tturbo ( / ) 08:51, 9 March 2012 (PST)
- Oh. Someone had alphabetized some of the disambigs, so I assumed that was the norm. And I'll link to the weapons page from now on. Tabs 10:43, 9 March 2012 (PST)
I see that you have made some changes in the zh-hant pages, most of them are small changes. However I can tell that you are probably not a native speaker of Chinese, so I have to confirm that you are able to read, or write the Chinese words without difficulty. Please give me a reply about the zh-hant contribution or changes you want to make in the future, and your ability to understand Chinese so that I can have a better thought about what you are going to do, or any suggestion that I can give you. Thanks. 07:26, 2 April 2012 (PDT)
- RE: Nah, I just want to be sure that every translators can understand Chinese before editing. My translate partners and I had an experience that someone (not you) used Google Translation to translated the zh-hant pages, and it was annoying. After that incident I thought that I need to check and stop the one who doesn't understand Chinese want to make the place a mess. Your edits are good fix to several pages, and it's not troublesome at all. My partner and I are not offended, so you can do the edits in zh-hant whenever you see any place need to be improved, and make zh-hant become better : ) 09:56, 2 April 2012 (PDT)
- ps. It's always nice to put something interesting in your own User page by yourself.
Re: Main Page
It's okay, I later knew you misunderstood my intention.. never mind =)
Jcmbmhitacid 00:09, 3 April 2012 (PDT)
Pardon the obvious pun...
... but Tabs is good at keeping Tabs on things. :3 — Wind 12:54, 9 April 2012 (PDT)
- Obvious maybe, but it made me smile! - Tabs 13:01, 9 April 2012 (PDT)
|Wind|| Wikichievement unlocked!|
Fixing redirects after the big Item sets split
— Wind 11:33, 14 April 2012 (PDT)
- Whooo! - Tabs 08:18, 16 April 2012 (PDT)
So I'm questioning some of your edits to the disambiguation pages. I admin that release date has some merit for sorting, but the average person who uses one of these pages is not going to care what the release date is, and will want an alphabetized listing, which makes sense. I'd ask that, as per things like the painted hats listing, keep disambiguation pages in alphabetical order. Darkid (Talk | contribs) 16:35, 18 May 2012 (PDT)
- Alphabetical order may look neater, but I think a person looking for an item might, for example, search for "shoes" with "those new shoes for the Spy" in mind. Anyway, TTurbo dictates that items on disambiguation pages be in release date order. :) Tabs 21:17, 18 May 2012 (PDT)
Thx for the help on the kong king links, its really helpful :D
Hecarimz 22:24, 14 August 2012 (PDT)
- No prob, I read the recent changes and thought I could help the task go faster. :) Tabs 22:31, 14 August 2012 (PDT)