|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an official Team Fortress 2 map.
To see official TF2 maps, go to here.
| Basic information
| Map type
|| King of the Hill
| File name:
|| Beta 3
| Map Info
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×5 • ×2
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×2 • ×4
| Map Overview
Arctic is a community-made King of the Hill map designed to be played in a 9vs9 Highlander format. It was the 1st place winner of STAR_'s King of the Hill Contest.
- Team Structures: In front of both sides of the center of the map are team-colored structures that serve as both a pathway, and a vantage point. There is a second floor that is accessible by catwalk from the platform sides. There is also a small hole in the second floor that can be used as a quick way back down.
- CP Platform: At the center of the map is a loading bay like platform that holds the control point. There are pathways to the CP from the sides, as well as from the side of the shipping containers surrounding the point. Underneath is an underground tunnel with a small health kit.
- Platform sides: On both sides of the control point are open rooms overlooking the CP Platform. These rooms are accessible from a stairwell near each team's spawn, and from Rocket/sticky jumping.
The vantage points by the control point.
The area of the central control point.
The pathway to the BLU side.
The outside of the RED spawn.
The pathways outside each team's spawn.
Control point timing
| Control Point
28/02/2013 - B3
- Improved FPS on the map in general, optimizing throughout the whole map
- Changed around some of the health/ammo packs
- Fixed visual and technical bugs throughout the whole map
- Added a shorter route (little ramp) to the higher part of the map
30/08/2012 - B2a
- Packed a custom texture that I forgot
30/08/2012 - B2
- Minor changes to the layout, refined a few gameplay elements here and there
- Detailed and optimized the whole map
- Other minor things
02/07/2012 - 72hr Mapping contest version:
- Added small healthpack in shack
30/07/2012 - A1
- A 12vs12 or 6vs6 has also been kept in mind with while developing the map, so it should play well with every amount of players(sic).
STARs KotH Contest - Submission page
KotH_Arctic 1st Place of STARs KotH Contest (Youtube video)