- 1 Wrong "Hit" Noises
- 2 Spy kill? Spy heal? Which one could it be?
- 3 Healing
- 4 Arrow model
- 5 Trial info
- 6 Friendly Fire
- 7 Reflected bolt kill icon?
- 8 Healing Ubercharged Targets
- 9 Max Ammo?
- 10 "It is possible to heal Soldiers with their Equalizer drawn. "
- 11 Inconsistency?
- 12 Trivia and bugs
- 13 Speed
- 14 Reloading Times
- 15 Medic healing
- 16 Maximum damage
- 17 Pyromania reload speed buff
- 18 Deflected Arrow
- 19 Strange Parts: Long-Distance Kills missing from page
- 20 Valve did in fact restore Crossbow damage output to pre-Nov-01-2013 stats
- 21 Festive crossbow
- 22 Making the damage and healing numbers clearer.
Wrong "Hit" Noises
When you hit a team mate theres seems to be a chance that it makes a chain link fence noise. Meter1060 04:12, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
Spy kill? Spy heal? Which one could it be?
As the title suggests, would it kill disguised spies or heal them? This is a bit confusing... if it has the same characteristics as the huntsman maybe the arrows act the same and kill the spy? I am confused x.x Vulturas 16:21, 18 December 2010 (UTC) PS: It should be noted if it does/does not kill spies.
It kills cloaked enemy spies and heals teammate spies.
Killuminati 08:55, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
The Crossbow is able to heal Soldiers that are equipping the Equalizer, is it a bug or an intended feature? --Rascalov 13:31, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
- Pretty sure that it's a feature of the weapon. But hey, if Valve doesn't like it, they'll patch it. Sven 18:16, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
Shouldn't this get its own crossbow bolt model? Getting shot by hunstman arrows looks silly and is kind of confusing Anonynja 18:15, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
- It should, but it'll probably be awhile before it gets its own projectile. Crossbows don't show arros anyway, and it's confusing to the player if they see it coming if its a deadly huntsman arrow or a regular crossbow shot Balladofwindfishes 20:23, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
Yeah thats true, crossbow shoots bolts. When will this ever happen in game? There is no use of trying to add it to the bug report, as it will just be removed. Oh and when will the kill icon come for it? Altair 21:01, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
Some testing results from myself and a helpful groupmate: Billy Mays
- Between 22.5 and 23 seconds for 10 shots
- 26 shots fired in a minute's time
This gives us a rough value of .434 shots per second. I'll be uploading these results into the article and marking them as rough and pending extensive testing.Techercizer 23:17, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
- This means it beats the medigun's combat healing rate of 25hp per second. Interesting and game-changing, if you can hit your patients... Techercizer (Keep him alive) (Run) 23:50, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
- It also fires from head-level while crouched, these mechanics are shared with the Huntsman. -- Mechlord 01:22, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
Does it build/contribute to ubercharge? (nanosheep_inc) 03:15, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- Nope. - SgtWoodsy 03:18, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
With friendly fire enabled, the crossbow bolts will still heal teammates, rather than hurt them. I'm not sure whether this should be mentioned here, or in the Friendly Fire article. Anyone? InShane 10:38, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- Both I think Octaytse 02:39, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
Reflected bolt kill icon?
I was reading SPUF and someone mentioned that there's actually a kill icon for a reflect crossbow bolt in the game. Is this true? Balladofwindfishes 02:32, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
- No new kill icons were added in the update at all. (because having the ability to make a patch at any time is an excuse to ship unfinished updates, apparently) Toomai Glittershine 02:43, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
Healing Ubercharged Targets
I've noticed there is no explicit mention of what number of shots the crossbow has (25% of 190 is approx 38). Given the nature of this weapon being a single shot reload, I had a look at the Huntsman and Flare Gun weapon info boxes and there is no consistency in terms of displaying the ammunition. Also since this weapon actually displays 1 ammo loaded with 38 reserves rather than just 39 ammo, my info box edit displays this.
Because this gun displays on the HUD closer to a syringe gun / pistol then any other weapon, is my edit correctly applied or should I follow the style of the Flare Gun and Sydney Sleeper info boxes? - Edgeamacated 07:26, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
- Your best best is to go with the style guide seeing as its modification guideliness EVERYONE should follow - Lexar - talk 07:28, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
"It is possible to heal Soldiers with their Equalizer drawn. "
I don't think this is a bug. After all the soldier can still heal with the equalizer out from dispensers and medkits. Shadowray7 03:52, 1 January 2011 (UTC)
- It is a bug, The Equalizer's negative attribute (even though it wasn't labeled negative) to block healing from Medics only. Shock394 23:53, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
I've noticed that throughout this article that the terms "arrow" and bolt" are used inconsistently. For example:
"Damage dealt by the arrows..." "Arrows fired into teammates..." "...otherwise the bolts will simply pass through teammates." "...the bolt appears to fire from behind the gun."
I think that we should either stick with arrows or bolts throughout the entirety of this article, whichever it will be. I believe we should use the term "arrows", because although crossbows do not fire arrows, the current projectile is arrows, and should be listed as such unless changed otherwise. --Funkadacious 19:49, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
Trivia and bugs
It seems to me that the bug entry 'The weapon cannot heal at point-blank range. The Medic must step back in order to heal, otherwise the bolts will simply pass through teammates.' is not a bug but part of the deliberate design to be effective based upon difference. Also the 'trivia' entry for this weapon seems to consist of a bug.--MEDUNN 21:45, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- I have moved the trivia entry to bugs. SHould the 'Trivia' catagory be deleted now for this item as it is now empty?--MEDUNN 21:46, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- I think bolts passing through teammates is definitely a bug, epsecially since the bolts are meant to hit teammates in the first place. As for the trivia, I agree it is more a bug, but everyone seems content it stays where it is.--Focusknock 21:49, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
Whilst it seems to have the same length reloading animation as the other primarys. The game's regestering of this seems to take slightly longer. So that the animation can finish and it not be reloaded until some extra time has passed. Can anyone else confirm this?MEDUNN 11:15, 4 July 2011 (PDT)
Should there be a mention that it does NOT heal when soldiers have the equalizer out? Also, it IS able to heal cloaked allied spies. Nibelhim 09:58, 28 September 2011 (PDT)
- I don't really think the cloaked Spy bit is necessary - it doesn't say you can't heal them, so most would assume that you can. And the bit about the Equalizer is already on the Equalizer page. » Cooper Kid (blether) • (contreebs) 10:15, 28 September 2011 (PDT)
I'm starting to think the damage can build up to more than the 75 points in the table. I managed to kill an enemy sniper in one hit, and I have a replay to prove it. While editing, I did not see the sniper get hit before the killing blow. I'll make a youtube account and post it if you want me to. This happened in double-cross, with the sniper in the RED sniper sweet spot and me in the BLU main entrance. It's quite a distance in terms of official TF2 maps. Can someone test the maximum damage? Do we know how damage for this weapon is calculated? K-Raider NL 08:24, 21 April 2012 (PDT)
- This is probably a stupid question, but are you sure it wasn't a crit? » Cooper Kid (blether) • (contreebs) 08:58, 21 April 2012 (PDT)
- Another question, are you sure that sniper have full HP? Hinaomi 17:42, 21 April 2012 (PDT)
After doing some research, it turns out the values I found were boosted by the random damage modifier. My apologies for any inconveniences I may have caused. The random damage modifier can increase damgage by up to 15 percent, right? Then everything should be explainedK-Raider NL 07:48, 22 April 2012 (PDT)
It is possible for the inverted ramp-up to increase damage past 100 points, the figures on the wiki page are only representative of the distances measured, examples of longer distances that can demonstrate the higher damages can be found on pl_Frontier, namely from the panel in BLU spawn to the far rock wall on the first point.User:Shifter55 12:34, 25 September 2013 (PDT)
Pyromania reload speed buff
The crossbow now reloads 40% faster. It's listed in the attributes, but not in the table nor the demonstration. I'll work on it later. K-Raider NL 01:19, 29 June 2012 (PDT)
- Ok, everything is updated now. Thanks. I think the reload animation looks a bit weird at 140% speed. Weird enough to add it to bugs or trivia? K-Raider NL 03:30, 2 July 2012 (PDT)
- Nope.avi Not a bug, Not a trivia. Hinaomi 06:09, 2 July 2012 (PDT)
Just a question. If there is no difference between huntsman and crusader's crossbow arrow if enemy pyro can deal headshots with crossbow arrow? Sar-Shazarr 01:27, 26 July 2012 (PDT)
- Reflected projectiles will act like weapon that fired the projectiles. (Like reflected Black Box's rocket can heal yourself or reflected Sandman's ball can stun enemy) So this case Crusader's Crossbow has no headshot attribute so it can't headshot. Hinaomi (talk) - (contributions) 02:44, 26 July 2012 (PDT)
Strange Parts: Long-Distance Kills missing from page
The Strange Part: Long-Distance Kills can definitely be applied to a Crusader's Crossbow. I have one on mine. But the Long-Distance Kills seems to be missing from the list of Strange Parts on the Crusader's Crossbow page entirely. Could someone add it, please, who knows how to do that? Thanks. Knusperfrosch (talk) 18:47, 2 November 2013 (PDT)
Valve did in fact restore Crossbow damage output to pre-Nov-01-2013 stats
The November 21, 2013 update did retract the crossbow nerf done during the November 1, 2013 patch.
Currently the Wiki article only put the long distance damage back to 75 points, but left the point blank damage at Nov-01-2013 level (25 dmg), and the mid-range is a weird mix?
I tested the Crossbow on tr_walkway, and it's back to 38 damage at point blank, 56 damage at medium range and 75 damage at long range (as the update notes stated). Someone please change the table. --Knusperfrosch (talk) 15:01, 24 November 2013 (PST)
Got one! Besides the gift-wrap, bells, and lights, it does fire candy-canes by what I can see. The cane is the same size and similar dimensions as the syringe present in the original. I'll try to get a picture or model up in the gallery if I can in time. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Comet2121 (talk) • (contribs)
- If you're going to get an image of the projectile, Make it consistent. See the projectile as an example. Pretty sure we have it on the wiki. Ashes (talk) 00:05, 21 December 2013 (PST)
Making the damage and healing numbers clearer.
The wiki page for the Crusader's Crossbow is odd in that it actually doesn't give the base damage of the weapon in the "Damage, healing and function times" section. It should show something like this:
Base Damage (100%): 50
Ramp-up ( 75%): 37.5 (rounds up to 38)
Fall-off (150%): 75
Base Healing(100%): 100
Ramp-up ( 75%): 75
Fall-off (150%): 150
The important things to note are that it is the only weapon to have decreased ramp-up and an increased fall-off and that the Healing is 2x the amount that would have been done in damage.
NOTE: These numbers could do with some in-game testing, but I'm pretty sure they're correct from an analytical point of view.
EDIT: The base damage technically must be changing over distance due to mini-crits and crits being affected by ramp-up and fall-off.