- 1 Direct Hit
- 2 Trivia or Bug?
- 3 Bugs
- 4 Chargin' Targe
- 5 Caber with Tartan Spartan
- 6 Range of Detonation?
- 7 Image gallery
- 8 April 14, 2010 Patch Change Reverted
- 9 Weapon Price
- 10 October 13, 2011 patch, added a taunt for the caber
- 11 Bugs
- 12 Damage
- 13 Weapon Demonstration video
- 14 Gun Mettle tweaks (damage)
Trivia or Bug?
Is the Ullapool Caber supposed to have a taunt? And if not, should that be added to the trivia or the bug section? Hojung1996 22:18, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
- I believe it is, even though it is not shown on the Demoman page. It has a taunt attack where the Demoman first tosses his caber in the air then swings it in front of him. It should have its own taunt. Sen12 (talk) 15:54, 10 November 2014 (PST)
"When equipped with the Sticky Jumper, the explosion will not harm the user." Would this really be considered a bug along with all the other bugs involving explosion damage not being taken? I think 100 health + no self explosion damage seems pretty justified. Mr.JimmyBojangles 22:59, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
- This should not be a bug. I have seen this setup in many cases and found that it's actually an alternative play style to the demo that is distinctly different from a demo knight/melee play style. It's a more specialized setup that enables the player to focus more on building destructions as well.Roninsmastermix 18:29, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
I'd like to note that the Caber not exploding when striking an ally during friendly fire probably shouldn't be considered a bug, given the mechanics of Friendly Fire. InShane 03:56, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Can someone write note, that Chargin' Targe is working with this weapon. It can instant kill heavy when full distance charge is done. It's a very useful note. Krathel 07:57, 20 December 2010
- It should also be noted that the Chargin' Targe does not reduce the self inflicted damage of the caber, despite it being explosive damage.Freq. 11:18, 28 December 2010 (UTC)
Caber with Tartan Spartan
I'm not sure the explosion damage actually counts for Tartan Spartan, I went on a bit of a spree with it earlier, and every time I respawned I was only awarded with the damage caused with my pipes towards the achievement... TheChrisD Rants•Edits 23:57, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
- it wouldn't be practical but possible for the caber to get tartan spartan due to the fact explosive damge is caused but it can only do this once per life making it quite pointless as to mentioning it - Lexar - talk 00:04, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
- Aye, the Caber counts towards Tartan Spartan from my own personal experience, going on a spree and killing some bots with the Caber's explosive damage using tf_bot_add. However, as Lexar said, it's not really practical to do that, but still good for amusement :) Magic Magician 07:01, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Range of Detonation?
Nothing is mentioned about the range of the detonation. Is it like the Soldiers Kamikaze taunt or which range has this grenade? NWM 19:27, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
I think the images should be improved to give a better view what a detonated head looks like. The current ones are quite poor at that :P - J.P. 11:43, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I know, right? All the images look exactly the same. Hojung1996 20:53, 3 August 2011 (PDT)
April 14, 2010 Patch Change Reverted
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1838760 SnowCanary 01:48, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
- More like April 15, 2011 Patch. Anyway, we should poot the stuff back. – Cructo [T][C] 01:50, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Weapon price on Wiki page is $4.99 instead of ingame store $2.49. RusTORK 09:35, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
October 13, 2011 patch, added a taunt for the caber
this patch added the scraped "offer bottle bash" taunt that was for the bottle, to the caber. sadly, it isn't a taunt kill, i tested it. he has two responses:
"Oh... Im going ta LIQUIFY yah!"
"Im goin to blast ya inta THIN GLUE"
Thats all i got, maybe they will make it into a taunt kill, like the kamikaze taunt, except you have to land a hit to explode or something Firehazard42, The confused Pyro 17:55, 13 October 2011 (PDT)
I have an almost inconvertible proof of a UC bug. If both you and your enemy are killed by a caber, then the killfeed will show the victim (enemy) killing us with a caber. and a second notification will show that we were killed by a caber (the kind that come in when we kill ourself with a explosive, without any enemy contribution). please give me a few days to provide the pictures (tried on 2_fort on snipers (where else :) )) 08:50, 23 April 2012 (PDT)
I have a beef with the stats the page gives. Right now, it says that the based damage is 150, which is nice and all because it does that much damage when you're inside your victim, but if you're hugging their hitbox or you hit them with the edge of the melee range you deal less and less damage (I've tested this on several occasions -- yes, with dmgspread disabled). I managed to get the mythical 146 damage, but only when I was diagonally below my victim who was suspended in the air with noclip; the edge of the explosion here is like >90% the point blank damage, where all the other explosions in the game are well below 50%.
This reeks of falloff/rampup being involved and abnormal splash calculations, which would make the base explosive damage 100. Also, the crit damage should be 450 if this were the case, and the damage would still fall off with the splash radius if it were a normal explosion, even when critting, but it always does 300. This leads me to believe that the following is the real model for caber damage:
- If unexploded, deal 100 base damage with standard rampup and explosive properties to everyone in the affected range, with the origin directly below the demoman's center
- Otherwise (used), deal 35 base melee damage as normal
I'm going to go ahead and edit the page to reflect this. If someone has a problem with this, please respond.
Wareya 00:07, 8 December 2012 (PST)
- As long as you have tested it and prove its correct then its fine. (odds are If some disagree they will test it themselves) Ashes 02:56, 8 December 2012 (PST)
- Something weird's going on on my end, I can get it to deal melee damage in addition to the explosion now, like it's "supposed" to. I'm gonna undo that part of my edits, but I'm still sure about the explosion stuff so I'm keeping it. Wareya 17:30, 8 December 2012 (PST)
Weapon Demonstration video
Gun Mettle tweaks (damage)
Can someone update the damage table? (changes: "reduced explosion base damage from 100 to 75, reduced damage ramp up bonus for close range attacks. Now is the same as other explosive weapons.") - HapHaxion (talk) 23:23, 3 Jul 2015 (EDT)