From Team Fortress Wiki
The Medic, also known as the Combat Medic, is a playable class in Team Fortress Classic. While being the primary healing force, his speed and offensive abilities make him a proficient killer. To aid in survivability, the Medic passively recovers health over time.
- Use your Medkit to heal wounded teammates.
- Pay attention to team members who call for help.
- Use your Medkit to infect enemies. The contagion spreads to other members of the opposing team if they come into contact with each other, causing panic and massive damage.
- Try to buff the vital members of your team. You can increase their health by 50 hit points over their maximum.
- Pay attention to teammates who have been infected by opposing medics; you are the only person capable of healing the infection.
- Use Concussion Jumping to quickly cross large areas and evade enemies.
- The player shouldn't forget to use the Medkit to heal allies while departing from their base.
- The Medic is a Heavy's best friend. When in doubt, overheal a Heavy. But don't forget to heal your other teammates.
Class Skill: Selects the Medkit.
- Heals team members with Medkit.
- Passively heals self over time.
- Infects enemies with Medkit.
- Cures leg injury, infection, and puts out flames.
- Immune to infection.
|Medkit||N/A||N/A||N/A|| Initial: 9|
Infection: 8 per hit
|Used to infect enemies. Heal teammates' infections, flames, hallucinations, and injuries to 100% Health. Overheals teammates to 50 additional health points that will decay over time.|
|Single-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||8||75||4-24||Fires six pellets.|
|Double-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||16||75||4-56||Fires fourteen pellets.|
|Damage Range||Notes/Special Abilities|
|Hand Grenade||4||145-50||Deals massive damage on a four second fuse.|
|Concussion Grenade||3||0||Upon detonation, enemies within the blast radius become disoriented. While dealing no damage, it causes considerable knockback.|
In Team Fortress, the Double-Barrel Shotgun's damage falloff makes it weak past very short range. In Team Fortress Classic, the Double-Barrel Shotgun has no falloff damage, making it much more powerful and letting the Medic keep his Super Nailgun ammo for Sentry Guns. In fact, the Double-Barrel Shotgun can be considered the Team Fortress Classic Medic's primary weapon because of its respectable damage output and range.
The new TFC Medic.
The QWTF Medic.