- 1 So what can stack on a single item?
- 2 Merge all potions info into this page?
- 3 Paint Spells
- 4 Demonstrations
- 5 Requested move
- 6 Next halloween event
- 7 High time we merged some of these
- 8 Voice change spells?
- 9 more merge talk
- 10 Colors
- 11 Color expires?
- 12 Footprints do not Overlap or Alternate if you have multiple
- 13 Images/Videos for Halloween Spells
So what can stack on a single item?
Well, as the subject says, what can stack and what can't?
This would probably be important for the main page.
BeAuMaN 01:22, 28 October 2012 (PDT)
I believe that up to three spells can stack on a hat or weapon, though there are some restrictions. For instance, you can't use multiple voice changing spells to deepen your voice even lower, but you could combine one with Halloween Spell: Headless Horseshoes and Halloween Spell: Sinister Staining. So, overall, you can't combine two of the same type of spell.
Alloid, 2:43, 30 October 2012 (UTC)
Merge all potions info into this page?
It seems a lot more convenient that way, than to have individual pages of each potion. It could look like this:
|Effect: Vocal Effect|
|Player's vocalizations are 100% lower pitch.|
Scout's Spectral Snarl
Soldier's Booming Bark
Pyro's Muffled Moan
Demoman's Cadaverous Croak
Heavy's Bottomless Bass
Engineer's Gravelly Growl
Medic's Blood Curdling Bellow
Sniper's Deep Downunder Drawl
Spy's Creepy Croon
I apologize for the weird format I made up (editing-wise), but I'm not really that intelligent at making formats, and I'm sure there's probably some kind of better format than this... AbeX300 07:46, 28 October 2012 (PDT)
- Support I think it's appropriate, rather than having 7 different almost empty pages for these time-limited tools (I'd personally extend this to the voodoo-cursed items and the past Misterious Treasures from the Pyromania update BTW).--Kid Of The Century 04:50, 31 October 2012 (PDT)
When Paint spells expire do they revert back to a previous paint or do they revert to default no paint? Nintyuk 10:49, 28 October 2012 (PDT)
Good question. I suppose someone with skills can debug and find this out? BeAuMaN 12:06, 28 October 2012 (PDT)
I used a spell on my painted gibus, and it reverted back to the paint. When using third party inventory viewers, it was the additional effect of being under a spell, not a paint effect. Pognet 08:16, 11 December 2012 (PST)
I think we should make a demonstration video for these effects. At least some images of the effects if this isn't a good idea. Neg 11:15, 30 October 2012 (PDT)
So, I don't see any reason for not making this article in plural too (by the way all spells with Vocal Effects using the word «spell» in description in plural).
ANGEL_UNDEAD 05:39, 26 November 2012 (PST)
Next halloween event
Does anyone know that the spells will be available during the next halloween event? If yes, after the event, will the glitched spells from 2012 expire, or only the new, which will have the "This item will expire on Nov 10 2013" attribute? Klenium (talk) 04:03, 20 September 2013 (PDT)
- We wouldn't really know. Most of that is valve's decision. Also, This kind of discussion would better on SPUF. Ashes (talk) 06:35, 20 September 2013 (PDT)
High time we merged some of these
Most pages, such as the paint spells and voice changers can easily fit on one page. Many of them don't even have correct backpack icons, just showing a blank bottle. I can start merging these as soon as the paint overlays can be duplicated outside of tf2. Maybe in hlmv? --Piemanmoo 02:25, 12 November 2013 (PST)
- Yes, I agree. Most of these sub spells page are stubs and cannot put any information. Also I think if merge, it'll be a lot easier to update the history. Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 03:16, 12 November 2013 (PST)
Voice change spells?
The spells that lower the pitch, can the percentage of change be found in game files or by an educated guess? Do the different voice spells (ie: Medi or Heavy) differ in pitch change? DC64 (talk) 18:10, 30 March 2014 (PDT)
more merge talk
having read the conversations regarding merging the individual spell pages into Halloween Spells, I took it upon myself to make a test page within my userspace.
for spells that apply the same effect to different classes (i.e. voice spells, pumpkinbomb spells) I used the name of the attribute they grant in their item entry on the right of the page. what does everyone think? --Kincyr (talk) 19:08, 13 May 2014 (PDT)
- The colors are difficult to do as some of them change colors which require a .gif which on the wiki, kinda eats up a bit.... So its best to hold on it for now. Ashes (talk) 12:26, 21 June 2014 (PDT)
- That was the old system. The new system is that they don't expire, instead the Halloween paint is disabled until you go onto a server with holiday turned on or during a full moon. Ashes (talk) 05:33, 28 October 2014 (PDT)
Footprints do not Overlap or Alternate if you have multiple
So found out that Footprint spells do not overlap if you have more than one equipped. Only the footprint spell that is applied to the cosmetic placed highest on your loadout will show. Nibelhim (talk) 12:25, 29 October 2014 (PDT)
Images/Videos for Halloween Spells
I think we need to get some images or videos showing the different spells effects.
Something like this would be a good idea. :)