Is this "Model Optimization" or "Model optimization"? The title and the way it is spelled within the article are different. Rolandius 01:12, 17 August 2011 (PDT)
- Uhh, no. Throughtout the entire article, only "Model optimization" is used. – Epic Eric (T | C) 16:17, 29 August 2011 (PDT)
What to do with this page...
Right now this page isn't up to date at all. The weapons section lacks new weapons added after the Manniversary, and the hat section is still missing anything added during the Uber update and beyond. I believe this is because this page is pretty hard to maintain and keep up to date. There's a lot of information to be collected and sorted, and adding entries into the table is tricky and requires a decent grip on Wiki code. The hat section is even worse because not many hats at all have LODs, and they add hats at such a rapid pace, falling behind on just one update means hours of work to get all the values in and sorted. I think this page needs some sort of cleanup/simplification. I don't want it outright deleted, because many people still like reading the page and it's quoted often on forums and stuff (especially the high poly items). However, the hat section is just too much to maintain. It's tough, but I think the hat section might need to go. I'm not sure how missed it would be, but it's just impossible to keep up to date. The weapons section I think should be broken up into class specific categories, instead of being in order of Polycount, as they are now. This will make it way easier to add to the table, instead of fumbling around having to manually add each entry into the table. And I'm wondering if a bot could handle making the bar? Right now the bar percentage is manually added, and not many people know how to figure out just how long to actually make that bar.
I like this page, I really do, and I think it serves a purpose in this somewhat poorly optimized game, but it's just getting very difficult to actually update. Balladofwindfishes 05:47, 11 January 2012 (PST)
- I've made a (hopefully complete) list of hats and miscs which aren't in the article. Before I can add them though, I have some questions:
- What's the formula for working out the LOD efficiency percentage?
- I've based the numbers on halving the shader draw count in the model viewer, which gives the same number as the triangles. However, there's been several cases where the shader draw count and triangles match, one of which is an odd number and impossible to half. Would it be safe to assume in those cases that the shader draw count is correct as is and doesn't need halving?
- Which models does the Ghastly Gibus use? There's models with LODs in the all_class folder and models without in the class folders.
- The 2 LODs for the Merc's Pride Scarf are exactly the same. Should I treat them as the most pointless LODs ever or just treat them as if they have no LODs?
- Where should the Ali Baba's Wee Booties, Bootlegger, Darwin's Danger Shield, Mantreads and Razorback go? They're not cosmetics, but they're also not c_- or w_models.
- -- Comrade Mike 13:42, 22 May 2012 (PDT)
Unoptimized and Optimized?
How do I know a model is Optimized or not? I know where the values are in HLMV when a model is loaded, so I may update this article for once. However, I don't know how to differ the Unoptimized and Optimized (Blue and Orange) from the models. ▪ - 11:47, 15 February 2015 (PST)