Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or ~~~~ onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- You can use the button in the editing toolbar to quickly add a signature.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- When uploading images for use on your user page, please add the prefix User Kincyr to the file's name.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Kincyr/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
-- ale the neat 16:16, 2 January 2014 (PST)
- Sorry about that. I am aware of the Show Preview button, but it's not enough when working with pages designed with transclusion (e.g. templates) in mind. I wish Userpage changes weren't included in Recent changes by default (though I just found out it's possible to manually exclude them from the list). Again, my apologies. --Kincyr (talk) 15:35, 22 January 2014 (PST)
About this edit
I don't see the point of this one, it increased the load time just for fancy function. I just want to make sure that the template is not slow to load and also not have unnecessary stuff so I gotta ask first why you want this add? Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 19:02, 26 June 2017 (PDT)
- did it noticeably increase the load time? sorry about that. I didn't think the load time would be affected all that much. Kincyr (talk) 20:02, 26 June 2017 (PDT)
- ON fast internet, it's not. But on slow one like mobile one is seriously affected. Also, most of the templates does not have the image switching things, as it's barely necessary. Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 09:19, 27 June 2017 (PDT)
- Not only loading times are affected, but also data usage (which might be a problem for some users, especially on mobile data plans). When loading the page multiple times, it has to load new images on every reload now. Previously it would simply load the static images from cache. Hagbard Celine (T · C) 09:56, 27 June 2017 (PDT)