Hello, I hope I'm not intruding by doing some of the voice captions on the Halloween Boss voice responses page. Let me know if I am, or if I messed up format, or whatever. Thanks! StarBright (talk) 18:00, 31 October 2013 (PDT)
"A taunt is defined as an animation that moves the camera to 3rd person and renders the player immobile."
- In the Well developer commentary, taunts are defined as "extra" weapon-specific animations which go well with killer-freeze cam footage. This basic definition has changed and shifted over the years with the addition of new unlockables and action taunts. I originally posted a discussion a while ago asking for clarification and consensus on the special taunt criteria.
- It follows that the definition should be established through common knowledge and experience. In addition, the Bonk drinking animations are in the same category as the Heavy's Sandvich animations, both render the the player immobile for the duration of the animation while bestowing a special effect whcih can be canceled by the Pyro's Airblast. The Banner animations were not included as the user can still move around while sounding the horn. For both the Sandvich and Bonk, Primary Fire will create the taunt effect with the exception that the Sandvich also can use the "G" taunt key.
- Prior to the Love and War update, not all taunts were accessible with the key "Taunt"; case in point most of the action taunts were used with the key "Action Slot".
- While it does follow that double-tapping June 11, 2014 Patch the Eureka Effect had the same option of either using "G" or "M2" to activate the special taunt. Now, double-tapping will force the default Wrench taunt while going through Teleport Selection Menu by is the only way to activate the special taunt. 11:20, 2 July 2014 (PDT) with Bonk equipped does not force a taunt (oddly, including when the server has tf_forced_holiday 2 which should force a Thriller taunt), other weapons utilize taunts outside of the taunt key. The Phlogistinator has either the option of using "G" (after the update, double tap "G") or "M2" to activate MMMPH with the disclaimer that "M2" will only activate the taunt if the bar is completely full as opposed to the regular taunt key. Prior to the
Missing Voice Lines
I have noticed that no voice lines are being put up for lines the character say during any of the new Love and War Update taunts, say during a "Rock, Paper, Scissors" taunt. Can you fix this? SilentObserver01 (talk) 17:49, 8 November 2014 (PST)
- The Love and War Update was mainly concerned with adding voicelines to be used with taunts. Taunt related responses are different as they are not triggered automatically like Voice responses. They can be manually triggered like Voice Commands, but they have an associated animation sequence which is detailed on the class Taunts page.
- For example, the Heavy responses has a note near the top to go to the Heavy taunts page for the taunt-related responses. 00:02, 9 November 2014 (PST)
Ap-Sap on Watergate
Why hello! Either I'm blind or you don't have any achievement yet. We can't leave that as it is, can we?! Damn great & fast work with all those audio files you upload all the time on big updates. Plz keep it up! Your edit timeline looks like a delta comb :)