Mann Co. Store
From Team Fortress Wiki
The Mann Co. Store is an in-game micropayment service included in the Mann-Conomy Update. The store allows players to purchase in-game items such as hats, weapons, and action items using money stored in their Steam Wallet. Creators of community-contributed items receive a percentage of sales for anything they've created.
Items bought from the Mann Co. Store are not craftable or immediately tradable; previously, items purchased from the Mann Co. Store were not tradable. After the Hatless Update, tools and action items (excluding Pile O' Gifts and the Secret Saxton) bought from the Mann Co. Store were given a 2-day waiting period before becoming tradable. Following the Manniversary Update & Sale, untradable weapons and hats that were previously purchased from the store can be now traded, and newly purchased items can be immediately traded as long as the purchaser made their first purchase more than 30 days earlier.
Prices vary greatly, with newer and rarer items priced higher than older and more common ones. As a rule of thumb, rare items cost ten or more dollars while common items cost less than five. These prices preserve the values of crafted or dropped items. On occasion, the store will have sales on hats and weapons.
Previously purchasable items
Weapons can be tested by selecting the desired weapon in the Store, and clicking the "Test it out!" button at the bottom-left corner. However, hats, tools, action items, miscellaneous items, and items labelled as "New" cannot be tested. This will give the player the selected weapon for one week, during which the weapon cannot be crafted, traded, or deleted. After the week is done an alert will appear notifying that the test period is over, and the item will be removed from the player's backpack. Afterwards they will be able to test out another weapon, or even the very same weapon if they want. This process can be repeated an infinite amount of times without any adverse effects. As an added bonus, during the testing period the player can buy the item for a 25% discount off of the regular price.
Deleting the test item from your inventory will not result in the trial period being terminated. You will still have to wait the same amount of time to try out a new item, and you will not get the same item back.
During some events, special pages will show up in the store for a limited time.
Limited Mann Co. Cap
Anyone who makes a purchase from the Mann Co. Store will currently receive the Mann Co. Cap, an all class baseball cap with the Mann Co. symbol on the front. Though Valve has claimed that there is only a limited amount of time before this cap will be unavailable, the cap has been available since the release of the Mann-Conomy Update on September 30, 2010 and has been since a promo for any player to purchase their first item or items.
For every $20/£15/€15/600 rub spent at a time in the store, players will receive a free item. This will be a standard random drop with the uncraftable property attached. Hats and other rarer items generate with the same chances as the Secret Saxton gift.
- The information and preview for the Über Update Bundle claims that there are items for 7 classes inside; however, the Pyro's Detonator is overlooked.
- If a bundle contains two hats for one class, such as the World War Wednesday Bundle or Manno-Technology Bundle, the preview will show both items being worn at once.
- Unpainted preview of paintable items in the Mann Co Store switches to Indubitably Green if changed from red to blue preview or when changed to another class.
- Any items with a style that uses alterations to the item model will not show in the item preview.
- In an online interview, lead designer Robin Walker explained that nearly everything purchasable at the Mann Co. Store is also available to find via drops or crafting. "Our main goal to make sure that all gameplay affecting items are findable, so that no-one can buy an in-game advantage over someone who’s choosing to find their items." 
- Items that are bought or given as a bonus from the store will be tagged as purchased (cannot be crafted) or promotional (cannot be traded).
- Visiting the Mann Co. Store will also add any outstanding items to the player and it will resolve issues with items in invalid positions in the player's backpack.
- Items that were received from spending more than $20 at the Mann Co. Store, whilst untradable themselves, could originally be crafted with other items into metal to make items which were tradable. This was removed in a subsequent patch.
- When buying hats or miscellaneous items from the Mann Co. Store, buyers can preview painted variants and styles of items they are interested in buying.