|File name:|| |
|Release date:||July 5, 2010|
|Last updated:||January 22, 2011|
|Developer(s):||Decker "weapon_penguin" Licks|
|Ammo Boxes:||×6 • ×4 • ×2|
|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an officially released Team Fortress 2 map.
To see all released Valve and Community-made TF2 maps, go to here.
In Hardhat, the goal is to eliminate the entire enemy team or capture the central control point.
The map is set in an old coal outpost situated in the center of Hardhat Hills, just outside Dustbowl. Hardhat features a construction theme with multiple levels for players to traverse, ambush, and attack from.
- Spawns: As with all arena maps, the spawns are symmetrical, unprotected rooms where players start the round. In Hardhat, these rooms are decorated with spytech elements, featuring a large sliding door that is initially open. When the chamber is emptied, the door closes, sealing these rooms off for the remainder of the round.
- Scaffolds: A set of scaffolding found to the left as the player exits spawn. These assemblies connect the roof to the lower levels of the map.
- Central Building: A small room containing the control point. The room features two parallel ramps that lead to outside scaffolding, as well as two parallel doors that lead outside. These, coupled with the ceiling shaft, provide five possible ways to enter the room from various levels. A beam above the point also houses a small health kit.
- Roof: The highest level in the map. From here, players have the largest vantage point and the advantage of the round. Access can be gained from the scaffolding or from explosive jumps.
- Unlike traditional arena maps, the control point in Hardhat opens after only 30 seconds.
- "Look at me! Look at me!", TF2 Official Blog, January 21, 2011
- Construction Theme Pack splash page on TF2Maps.net