Contracts and ConTracker
I wanted to refer you to Jungle Inferno ConTracker and Contracts. I expect that the same ConTracker could be used on another Campaigns, so I think the details of the ConTracker should be isolated from the Contracts. (But, they could reskin it, or they could go to a different app.) I have wondered if Pyroland requirements need to be in the Jungle Inferno Campaign pages and I go back and forth. They are both from the same Update, yes, but they are not the same campaign. I am thinking about proposing a split of the Pyroland . I have to consider that there are more class packs coming, possibly each with their own contracts for releasing the content, and they might not coincide with a Campaign. Mikado282 (talk) 19:19, 29 October 2017 (PDT)
- Hmmm, good point on that one, although, a single page dedicated to few contracts may be unnecessary for the wiki, by that I mean "it's not necessary" at the time being. The idea is good, but remember that Pyro's update was attached to the Jungle Inferno update, it was intended to give players new items for Pyro, fix him up, meanwhile giving others new maps, cosmetics, and minor fixes. I'd say its a good idea to document the new Pyroland/Jungle Inferno Campaign/Scream Fortress IX contracts on more then one page, BUT keep the contracts in there, in case if a player only remembers these contracts from the Jungle Inferno update, or the opposite. With the point of the ConTracker possably being re-used for future updates, is not far fetched, in fact I believed they were going to do that in the first place, already Scream Fortress uses the ConTracker instead of the previous methods. MikeMan2332 (talk) 20:54, 29 October 2017 (PDT)
- I just reread the Day 3 update page. Valve describes the Pyroland Contracts as "non-Campaign".
- No need to keep Pyroland contracts in two places, if the Pyroland Contracts are split out of Jungle Inferno Campaign, which I now more strongly favor, then simply leave a See also link in Jungle Inferno Campaign. Mikado282 (talk) 05:02, 30 October 2017 (PDT)
- Thanks. Yeah, well, the Halloween Contracts are time-limited. The Pyroland Contracts actually hand out something fun and useful. And both sets are free. Personally, I haven't had interest in the listings of the Contract Objectives, I was much more interested in the Miss Pauling and Merasmus responses. You kids have it easy, this time, you can use the ConTacker to look up all of the Contract Objectives at any time instead of trying to catch them as you do the contracts. Mikado282 (talk) 11:26, 30 October 2017 (PDT)
Halloween Contracts vs Merasmissions?
- Well, scream fortress IX Contracts use the same formatting when it comes to contract points and stars as the Pyroland or Jungle Inferno Campaign contracts. Meanwhile Merasmissions use MP (Merasmus Points I'm guessing), and some of the Merasmissions have up to 6 objectives to do, while the newer contracts only have 3, possably to simplify the contracts. Merasmissions feed you're Soul gargoyle, and Scream Fortress IX Contracsts don't necessarily feed your Gargoyle souls, but as the player does the contracts on Halloween they'll collect souls from either randomly spawned Gargoyle's or by killing players. Merasmissions contain sometimes '(Advanced)' objectives, and contracts contain '(bonus)' objectives, but technically advanced objectives still exists, for example, the server the player tells everyone that they "completed a hard objective for the x contract." ("Mike Man completed the Hard Bonus Objective for the Advanced Spy Contract.") Merasmissions give you the items strait out of the contract, which probably caused problems if they lost connection while finishing the mission, so with the newer contracts they give you a Halloween Package, either to ensure those previously mentioned issues never happen, or to excite players when they finish their contracts. And probably an easy point, the Merasmissions interface is a drawer of scrolls meanwhile the contracts are on the display of the ConTracker, possably to make it easier for the developers to implement new contracts without needing to make a new themed interface. MikeMan2332 (talk) 05:49, 31 October 2017 (PDT)
- Thank you for checking that out. I must apologize to everyone for being too lazy to look it up myself. Yes, contracts used to have much more variable objective sets. I had completely forgotten, it is all coming back to me now, it has been so long. Half the fun of Merasmissions was the Merasmus responses. :( Mikado282 (talk) 04:26, 1 November 2017 (PDT)
- Hey, no problem, I've asked for assistance myself, for the Jungle Inferno Campaign, it requires a list of the contracts from the campaign, and asked for help on that one. Although that was last week. I worry that I was the only one in the wiki editor list that actually bought the campaign pass... MikeMan2332 (talk) 05:29, 1 November 2017 (PDT)