User talk:The Fiend
Hello, The Fiend!
Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or ~~~~ onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- You can use the button in the editing toolbar to quickly add a signature.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- When uploading images for use on your user page, please add the prefix User The Fiend to the file's name.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:The Fiend/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
"Lighting error that happens randomly"
Joke Weapon changes
- 2 things, 1: thought you wanted the link sense you gave me ideas before you made a wiki account. 2: To my knowledge, you sign After the message
Editing the whole page
Greetings. Please keep in mind that all edits are shown under the Recent changes and posted in our IRC channel in real time. As of right now, you've been cluttering both the Recent changes and IRC with unnecessary edits, which make monitoring difficult for us and leaves out focus on more important edits. You can edit the whole article by clicking the Edit button at the top of the page, which is preferable to editing multiple sections consecutively. If you need help on wiki formatting, then please check out our Help section. Thanks! · Ashe (talk) 17:14, May 3, 2021 (UTC)
- Sorry for filling up the history with minor edits earlier. For the future I just click the checkbox of minor edits to fix this? The Fiend (talk) 17:18, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
- Please keep the discussion in one place, i.e. replies should be kept on the original talk page entry as it's quite inconvenient going back-and-forth between talk pages.
- Also, place your firm (the ~~~~) at the end of the paragraph.
- You should preview you edits before saving them. The "minor edit" checkbox should be used for fix typos, grammar erros, etc.
- Now, instead of editing any section that any page could have, is better to read the whole page, choose the sections you want to edit and edit the whole page at once (with the button "Edit" at the top on the page), instead of editing every section
- · Ashe (talk) 17:29, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
sorry, when I was editing I remembered something that effected another weapon so I went to fix it. I’ll try my best so this dose not happen again. Also again sorry for editing on your main talk page. For future thing would something like adding images be counted as a minor edit The Fiend (talk) 17:36, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
Reminder that you should edit the entire page at once and save once you're done (after checking for any issues and such with show preview). As Ashe mentioned, it's currently unnecessarily flooding the recent changes.
GrampaSwood (talk) 14:10, 4 May 2021 (UTC)
- The problem with that is the thing I’m editing requires I edit by paragraph.The Fiend (talk) 14:12, 4 May 2021 (UTC)