|“이거 내가 만들었어.”
이 페이지는 공식 팀 포트리스 2 맵이 아닌 사용자 지정 맵에 대한 정보를 포함하고 있습니다.
공식 팀포2 맵을 보고 싶다면 여기를 참조하세요.
|맵 종류||언덕의 왕|
|공개일:||2010년 10월 5일|
|위험 요소:|| 대기실에서 체력이 줄어듦|
|치료제:||×0 • ×0 • ×0|
|탄약 상자:||×0 • ×0 • ×0|
이 맵은 비공식 커뮤니티가 제작한 역학적 엔지니어 업데이트의 일부였습니다. 이런 종류의 맵들 중 첫번째 맵인 만큼 인기를 끌게 됐고, 이 맵의 디자인을 바탕으로 파생된 변형 맵도 있습니다.
Popular variants in include:
- Achievement Idle Noglass, versions in which the glass walls are removed to increase the firefight intensity, increase variability in gameplay, and facilitate scripted automated weapon attacks (for Achievement Farming or Strange Leveling).
- Achievement Idle Awesomebox, variants that add several features and play areas built around the Achievement Idle core, including a conveyor for serving up idle players as targets, a boxing ring, a surfing ramp, jump features, and means for skilled players to enter the opposing spawn.
The central room is the only space accessible to players of both teams. It contains the central point and provides a common space for continuous firefights from either hallway, for cooperative practice of skills, or for cooperative accomplishment of achievements, e.g. Spies on opposing teams cooperating on the achievement Spies Like Us.
The spawns are set facing the central room; all activity in the central room and the opposing spawn is viewable through large glass walls. The spawn areas are designed to gradually drain health from players to the point where they die and respawn; this property prevents idling players from recording artificially long lives in their performance reports.
The side halls provide player access between the spawns and the central room. Players are blocked from entering the opposing team's hallways. Two corner turns in each hallway prevent players from firing directly into the opposing spawn and provide general shelter from enemy fire, although Demoman grenades can reach most of the enemy hallway.
Primarily, the map was designed for idling and for working on Achievements. Variants have also come to be used for leveling. The uncapturable control point makes for never-ending rounds, so players can fight, level, or idle without interruption (a version has a captureable control point).
Changes in the Item drop system that happened after this map's release greatly reduced this map's usefulness for idling to acquire item drops. However, the basic map design is still popular for working on achievements and leveling strange items.
- As one intent of this map is the accomplishment of Achievements, it is helpful to other players to equip with whatever items that you own that help them with their achievements, especially on noglass versions of this map (e.g. Equalizer, Ghastlier Gibus, Pyrovision Goggles, and Balloonicorn).
지점 점령 시간
- While not a bug of the original map per se, in common variants, it is possible for idling in players in
awesomeboxvariants to get knocked into the side halls, defeating the intention of the health drain in the spawn areas.
- To counter this, some servers periodically restart the map, returning all players to the spawn areas.