jan's Talk Page
|Talk Page||Contributions||Cheatsheet||Czech Translation Progress||Translations||Wiki Stats||steam profile|
|Back to Userpage|
Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or ~~~~ onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- You can use the button in the editing toolbar to quickly add a signature.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- When uploading images for use on your user page, please add the prefix User Jan to the file's name.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Jan/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
Please make use of the Show preview button. It gives you a preview of the edit you are making, allowing you to perfect your changes before you save the page. You can edit the whole article by clicking the edit button at the top of the page, which is preferable to editing multiple sections consecutively. — Tark lm(pt-br) 13:31, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- Noted! Sorry and Thank you. Jan (talk) 19:03, 22 May 2018 (UTC)
About some of your recent edits
I would like to talk about some of your recent edits regarding Wikipedia links and Workshop names.
There is no practical difference between
[[w:Article. You don't have to bother yourself with editing an article solely to shorten "Wikipedia" to just "w"; it is hardly noticeable by readers and it is such a small shortening that it barely has any impact on the overall text.
We have actually been removing Workshop names from articles, the reason being that, since trivia regarding the Workshop ("The Workshop description is a reference to X", "This item was contributed as part of the Y set"...) is not considered valid trivia (you can read about it in the Trivia Style guide, right above "What is not trivia?"), it doesn't make much sense to mention Workshop names in the articles (specially since this is something readers can find out themselves by clicking the link to the submission page).
- Whenever I was translating something and I was looking onto the original page, I noticed a few of those [wikipedia:Articles], and since the newer iteration of this is just [w:], I fixed it. I knew it didn't really add anything rather than saving space (so practically nothing), but I still felt like doing it, sorry if it caused any troubles, I won't be doing it from now on.
- Regarding the Trivia stuff, I really just translate from the original English page. I do not make those up myself. I have read them guidelines prior, but as I stated before, I am a mere translator. (I know this doesn't really excuse me, but just so you know).
- I'll be more considerate from now on, Thanks.
- - Jan (talk) 20:32, 6 March 2020 (UTC)