The scoreboard is a screen accessible with on the Xbox 360, on the PlayStation 3) or at the end of a round. It displays player information, server name, team scores, duel score (if you are running a duel), and so on. Information is given about each player including their Steam ID, what team they are on, how many points they have, and what class they are playing as.(
- Number of points each team has
- Steam avatar
- Player class (only visible for teammates)
- Player score (See Points below)
- A user's ping. If the player is a bot, it will display the word 'BOT' in place of a ping number.
- Friend icon (for Steam friends only)
- Number of dominations
- Dominated icon if a player is dominating you
- Domination target if you are dominating a player
- A photo of your current class
- Your player name
- Assorted gameplay statistics
- Map name
Mann Vs. Machine Scoreboard
In Mann Vs. Machine, a different scoreboard will appear with different information:
2. Wave progress and enemies left in the wave
4. Tour number (Mann Up mode only). Note: This is directly pulled from the relevant Tour of Duty badge.
5. Score (see Points below)
6. Damage (to robots only)
7. Tank damage
8. Support (?)
9. Credits collected
10. Squad Surplus Voucher
12. Class avatar
13. Player name
14. Mission name
15. Map name
Points are the basic scoring unit in Team Fortress 2, and are awarded for different successful offensive and defensive actions. Performing these actions will also often earn a voice response from the class you are playing, and earning Bonus points will display a number on-screen in magenta if the option is enabled.
Points can be awarded in fractions; for example, a kill assist is worth ½ a point. However, fractions of points are rounded down when displayed on the scoreboard; having a single ½-point does not affect a player's score at all, and a player must complete two ½-point actions to have their score increase by 1. Points are also rounded down before the subscores from each category are added together, so having two ½-points in two different categories is not displayed as 1 point, instead both being rounded down to 0 and added together afterwards. As a result, having an odd number of ½-points in several categories will cause a player's score to show as lower than expected.
Note that one action may result in being awarded points for two or more reasons; for example, earning a headshot with the Huntsman will award points for the kill, headshot, and bonus points for the specialized kill.
|Capturing a control point or the Intelligence||Captures||2|
|Pushing the Payload cart for 10 seconds||Captures||2|
|Dealing Damage||Damage||1 for every 600 damage points dealt|
|Killing a Medic who has full ÜberCharge||Bonus||2|
|(MvM only) Resetting the bomb||Bonus||10|
|Healing with Mad Milk||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|Stunning an enemy with a baseball||Bonus||1 (regular stun)|
|Extinguishing a teammate with Mad Milk||Bonus||1|
|Healing with Black Box/Concheror||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|Extinguishing a teammate with Compression blast/Manmelter||Bonus||1|
|Destroying a Spy building with Homewrecker/Maul/Neon Annihilator||Bonus||1|
|(MvM only) Airblasting a Sentry Buster or Giant robot||Bonus||1|
|Healing with Dalokohs Bar/Fishcake/Sandvich||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|Giving a teammate a dropped Buffalo Steak Sandvich/Sandvich||Bonus||1|
|Teleporter use by a teammate||Teleports||½|
|Healing with a Dispenser||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|Extinguishing a teammate with a Dispenser||Bonus||1|
|Healing||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|(MvM only) Reviving a teammate||Bonus||5|
|Headshot kill with the Huntsman||Bonus||½|
|Extinguishing a teammate with Jarate||Bonus||1|
|Headshot kill with the Ambassador||Headshots||½|
- Fixed scoreboard team scores label getting cut off.
- Prevented players from hiding their name in the scoreboard.
- Added an option to auto-save a scoreboard screenshot at the end of a map to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog.
- Fixed a scoreboard bug where domination count was reduced by 2 when a dominated player left the server.
- [Undocumented] The scoreboard now displays support points and damage dealt on non-MvM maps.
Class icon gallery
Status icon gallery
Appears when a player is dead
Appears if you are dominating a player
A Domination Medal (Increases with number of Dominations)
Appears if a player is your Nemesis
Appears if you are dueling a player
Appears if a player is your Steam Friend
- As points are rounded down within each category before being added to form a player's total score, headshots with the Huntsman can appear to count as 1, 2, or even 3 points.