Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or ~~~~ onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- You can use the button in the editing toolbar to quickly add a signature.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Dogman15/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
- I thought something might have looked off when I did that, but no one else had made the edit yet, so I just wanted to get the information down. I did a cursory check of templates and such. So sue me. Dogman15 (talk) 11:35, 14 June 2014 (PDT)
When moving pages on the tf2 wiki, please select 'move all subpages' when moving the english page. This will handle all the associated language pages. Thanks Darkid (Talk | Contribs) 13:24, 30 October 2014 (PDT)
- I thought I did... When I was moving the Antique Halloween Goodie Cauldron page, I also checked the box for subpages. And I didn't see such an option when I moved the image page. Dogman15 (talk) 13:35, 30 October 2014 (PDT)
Heeey!!! Thank you for your help in my "Test Zone", I did not think anyone would look at her and help in any way.. But I was wrong... lel (I like voice responsesSorry) — Tark lm(pt-br) 13:10, 28 January 2015 (PST)
- If I remember, I'll count the item pickups on that volcano map, too. Dogman15 (talk) 21:50, 28 January 2015 (PST)
I see ya!
Hey, umm...I noticed you made 5 edits to the Anti-Sentry Buster strategy page in as many minutes. On small pages like that, it's a good idea to make use of the Show Preview button, so you can see any more things you can fix before you publish your edit. It makes things a lot easier for you, trust me. [UGS 2nd]Lancer @nti-tank Rocket 16:22, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- I know all about the "show preview" button, officer. I thought I only needed to make one small edit when I saw the first thing I changed, so I changed that and saved, not thinking I would encounter anything else needing change. Then I kept reading and found another small thing needing change, and so on. It just piled up. In the end, no harm is done. Dogman15 (talk) 21:33, 31 March 2015 (PDT)
- Still, if for future reference you find yourself wanting to read over a page to find errors, it's generally better to read the page as a whole during edit, and then eradicate any errors you find while reading through the article as a whole, rather than in sections. [UGS 2nd]Lancer @nti-tank Rocket 01:21, 2 April 2015 (UTC)
Please don't post community videos on them. We have an official channel *just* for things like this. For future reference, you can contact WindPower with a photo and soundtrack (see Update Checklist) and they can upload it. Darkid (Talk | Contribs) 20:55, 11 November 2015 (PST)
- Not to intrude on this a bit, but, I don't think I remember dogman posting any community videos on soundtrack pages. Then again, maybe he did and I just didn't notice it. ClockworkSpirit2343 21:59, 11 November 2015 (PST)
- You're just now contacting me about this? I'm not the only one who's done this, and the way I understood it, the videos were added as soon as possible by anyone who found a video. I assumed that as soon as whoever controls the TF2 wiki YouTube channel got active, they would upload a video and replace it, and that would be fine. It's extremely easy to take the sound files from the game and throw together a video in like 10 minutes. If I can do it within an hour of an update with new music, so can anyone. Dogman15 (talk) 15:42, 12 November 2015 (PST)