Community Frontier strategy
From Team Fortress Wiki
|Community Frontier strategy|
|File name:|| |
|Developer(s):|| Patrick "MangyCarface" |
|Hazards:||Pitfall, Li'l Chew Chew|
|Health Kits:||×8 • ×11 • ×3|
|Ammo Boxes:||×5 • ×15 • ×4|
This article is about Community Frontier strategy.
General Strategy (All Classes)
- BLU should always take advantage of Li'l Chew Chew's size, using it to shield them from incoming attacks while holding a hard defense to the sides. Likewise, the frontal protection provided by Li'l Chew Chew and terrain around the cart during key points encourages flanking and attacking from high ground by RED.
- Slow moving or just plain unlucky enemies can be shoved in front of the train and killed, assisted by a quick push from a Pyro's compression blast or a Scout's Force-A-Nature knockback.
- The stairs inside the Shack can make it easy for a Spy to sneak up behind a Sentry Gun and the Engineer, so a Pyro would be well-suited to spycheck as well as deflect incoming rockets.
- The tunnel right before the third cap is a good place for either team to ambush players with the Backburner, or house a Sentry Gun.
- The team that maintains control of the high ground maintains control of the game. If RED has the high ground, they can easily rain explosives and Sentry fire and more. If BLU has the high ground, they will be able to provide constant fire support to the people on the cart, as well as being able to see in front of the cart.
- While taking the final point, BLU Snipers can use the newly opened shortcut to pick off RED team members around the end of the tracks. Other classes can also take this path and quickly head to the ramp on the right, allowing closer access to RED's defenses.
- The Scout's double jump makes it very easy for him to get on top of the much larger than normal cart. Getting on top of Li'l Chew Chew when there are only a few attackers on it can make for a very rewarding ambush.
- There are plenty of higher up places in very key spots around the map that offer a good place to blast the enemy. The platform just after Point A, the sides of the initial upward hill push, the Sniper platform above Point B, and the long platform above the final capture point are all good spots.
- Taking on a fully loaded cart can be hard, unless you make use of a Buff Banner or a Kritzkrieg charge. A well-aimed critical rocket can turn a huge push into a stalled cart.
- Make good use of your compression blast to push enemies off the train. Since they have to jump back onto the train's platform to ride it, this can offer a quick distraction that might allow teammates to kill them, Resulting in stopping the train's forward momentum. In addition, the Pyro can use the Back Burner to sneak up behind the attackers(Blu Team)and taking advantage of the Critical hits from behind.
- Demomen can use the pillars of the tunnel before Control Point 1 to their advantage. If they are close enough to Li'l Chew Chew, yet unexposed to enemy fire, then they can make excellent Sticky traps using the Stickybomb Launcher or Scottish Resistance.
- Like other Payload maps, Heavies work well when pushing the cart. In this case, the built-in Dispenser on Li'l Chew Chew allows them to provide a constant stream of ammo while riding on the train's platform.
- Underneath the final capture point, there are large ammo and Health kits, which most players do not normally venture to unless they fall down there. A sneaky BLU Engineer can construct a small base here with a Teleporter to allow BLU faster access to the final point.
- Sneaky BLU Engineers can also construct a Sentry Gun outside RED's second spawn (between control points 2 and 3) if they can get past enemy forces at Control Point 1. A full Level 3 Sentry Gun can effectively delay RED until they are able to build up an ÜberCharge, giving BLU time to push Li'l Chew Chew up the hill to Control Point 2.
- BLU Medics should be careful when the round first begins if they are pushing Li'l Chew Chew . Large amounts of flanking fire from RED team members will come on it and can easily kill you if you are not using an ÜberCharge.
- A number of higher areas are accessible throughout this map due to its uphill nature, offering excellent sight lines for Sentry Guns and Snipers. This is especially so just outside of BLU's initial spawn, on the hill leading up to Control Point 2, and on the catwalks of RED's final spawn near Control Point 4.
- At the first Capture Point, there is a balcony overlooking the RED spawn. If you can get there safely, it allows you to destroy their defenses and interrupt reinforcements before they can react.
- This map offers a lot of high ground to both sides, making jump-stabs an effective way of getting rid of high-value targets.
- With all of the corners, paths, and hiding spots (especially around the first three points), getting to the point and tapping it to prevent it from falling backward can be useful while your teammates rally up.