Community Mountain Lab strategy
From Team Fortress Wiki
|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
|Community Mountain Lab strategy|
|Map Type:||Control Point|
|File name:|| |
|Developer(s):|| Valentin "3DNJ" Levillain|
|Health Kits:||×6 • ×9 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×4 • ×6 • ×2|
This article is about Mountain Lab strategy.
General (All Classes)
- The final point is very open and as such is susceptible to combined-fire maneuvers.
- A good idea when going for the final control point is to wait in a corner or secluded out of sight area near the control point for all the enemies to pass, then start capturing. You may be able to draw the enemies back, allowing your team to advance.
- Be sure to take the secluded routes, to maximize surprise. This way you can have the enemies' health low before they even realize they're being attacked.
- Try and avoid the open areas, as it gives the enemy a large window for avoiding your rockets.
- Use your Rocket Launcher's blast radius to take advantage of the closed in control points, as it is a great way for clearing enemies off.
- Avoid enemy Pyros in small areas, if you cannot escape, use your Shotgun so that the Pyro cannot reflect your rockets.
- The first control point gives the opportunity for the Pyro to shine in supporting his team. Instead of being on the front lines, Spy check the buildings before the point every now and then. Be sure to also Spy check anyone coming from your spawn because you cannot see them come out after respawning while on the point. Spies will disguise and round the corner pretending to have respawned, and ambush attackers on the point. Enemies will often defend the first point from the small opening above it. While they defend there, move up and attack them from the back, killing them with your Flamethrower before they can react. Optionally equip the Backburner for maximum damage. This will tremendously reduce the pressure on your team. If there are not many defenders in that opening, stay around the second point and keep Engineers and Demomen from setting up defenses, which will make it easier for your team to push to the second control point.
- Spies may use the arch walkway after the first control point to drop down for leaping stabs on your team. Once your team is attacking the second point, keep up the Spy checking, especially around the arch to counter those Spies. While standing on the second control point, use your Compression Blast to reflect the projectiles of enemy Soldiers and Demomen to keep your team from taking too much damage. Continue Spy checking your team's reinforcements.
- While the first two control points can be tough for a Pyro as the space around is very open, once you have pushed (or been pushed) to the third point, the narrow hallways are perfect for ambushing enemies.
- The control points themselves, however, are pretty tight, which is great for the Flamethrower.
- Remember, airblasting enemies off the point, especially the final point, is always an option.
- Much like the Soldier, take advantage of the closed in spaces around the control points to deny capping.
- Use the corners of the hallways in the lab to ambush unsuspecting enemies.
- As the areas to the first two points are pretty open, stick with a Medic and stay out of sight as to not get sniped.
- Equipping the Fists of Steel to run through the open is also a good idea.
- Put your Sentry Gun in the hallways of the lab to enforce area denial.
- It takes time for enemies to reach the walkway and rooms above the first control point, so set up a Sentry to defend the point.
- The trudge from spawn to the last point is fairly lengthy, so set up some Teleporters to cut the travel for your team.
- If you have the Pomson 6000 equipped, it isn't a bad idea to spam shots in the hallways or the long open areas.
- It is crucial that you avoid putting your Sentry Gun too far away from control points, otherwise your Sentry Gun will not be able to reach the enemies attacking the point.
- Since the control points are closed in, keep multiple teammates healed and try not to stick to one of them unless escorting a Heavy across an open area.
- The path from BLU spawn to the point A is excellent for sniping incoming enemies.
- The roof of Point B is great for defending and attacking Snipers, as you can aim towards people coming from RED spawn or aim towards people coming from Point A.
- The long corridor in the entrance to the lab is great for picking off approaching enemies.
- The area above the RED spawn gives you a good, long look to the room across.
- One of the safest ways to get through the middle is to Cloak and to go across the top, where there is usually little to no traffic.
- On offense, a good place to hide out at the first control point is inside the building behind it, disguised as a Sniper. Then, when you see an opening in the enemies, perhaps an exposed back, jump through the window and attack. After, Cloak and go back to the window, or escape.