- 1 Halloween Achievment hat and Necro-Smasher strangifiers?
- 2 should the pomson strangifier have its own page?
- 3 Missing information
- 4 With the ability to strangify miscs now, Should the info boxes contain a section for it?
- 5 "Gifted by" and "Crafted by" item details
- 6 Types of Strangifiers info box?
Halloween Achievment hat and Necro-Smasher strangifiers?
should the pomson strangifier have its own page?
Currently, the pomson 6000 strangifier page redirects to this page. The problem with that is that this page says that in order to get a strangifier, one must complete a chemistry set. This is not true for the pomson strangifier, as it must be uncrated. If anything we should at least make a mention of that. And we should also probably remove the pomson from the chemistry set template since one for it does not exist. Emrfish6 (talk) 11:02, 29 August 2013 (PDT)
- If someone has the miscellaneous patch info and an image, I see no reason why not. Orangecake (talk) 20:22, 31 August 2013 (PDT)
If I knew the answer to this, I would add it to the article, but does anyone know what happens if you use a strangifier on something like a Genuine Archenemies? Does it keep the genuine and gain the strange? Does it stay green text? What happens? CitrusRain (talk) 17:41, 29 August 2013 (PDT)
- Apparently, it adds the Strange prefix to the item, and puts the counter with the Description. However, the text does still stay the same as whatever Quality it was before, unless adding it to a unique item, of course. I think this needs testing with all commonly available qualities before adding to the page, though. --Omolong (talk) 17:43, 29 August 2013 (PDT)
- For the Genuine Archimedes, it's name stays genuine green and is named (in English) Strange Genuine Archimedes (there's one on the community Market at the time), and it seems Unusuals can also be Strangified the same way, there's a screenshot of a Strange Unusual Vilain's Veil in the TF2 community hub LeChatMG (talk) 11:03, 30 August 2013 (PDT)
With the ability to strangify miscs now, Should the info boxes contain a section for it?
- not really. We already have a template listing what can be applied with the strangifiers. So putting it in the infobox would be a bit much anyways. Ashes (talk) 18:45, 29 August 2013 (PDT)
"Gifted by" and "Crafted by" item details
I want test this soon as I can, but has there been any evidence so far to verify if it removes the "Gifted by" and "Crafted by" tags? I presume not, but could be an important factor for some people. CoolJosh3k (talk) 14:51, 31 August 2013 (PDT)
- It doesn't, gifted Shades and crafted miscs keep #s, gifted tags and "crafted by" tags. They will even retain their past properties (uncraftabilty, unusual->strange unusual,untradeable will be untradeable, etc.) e.g. http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,1905511739,647,11 and http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,1903027865,486,11 . Pyroman (talk) 15:32, 31 August 2013 (PDT)
- In that case, perhaps this information can be added to the quick summery where it fits? I know several people would value items that they have crafted themselves, or been gifted by a friend. I can only imagine that they would want to know from the wiki page, before using a Strangifier, just in case CoolJosh3k (talk) 15:50, 31 August 2013 (PDT)
Types of Strangifiers info box?
People have been trying to put up a list of items that can be turned into Stranges. However, the list from this page is taken down shortly after. We already have a list at the Chemistry Set page. But, would it be a good idea to add the list from the Chemistry Set to this one? Sansrew (talk) 20:45, 31 August 2013 (PDT)