Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or ~~~~ onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- You can use the button in the editing toolbar to quickly add a signature.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- When uploading images for use on your user page, please add the prefix User Kestrelguy to the file's name.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Kestrelguy/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
Properties vs (Signage)
It is a property if the sign is on a building that represents the company's business location. But if it is just advertisement stuck on a wall, it is (Signage) and get parentheses. M I K A D O 282 ❄❄❄❄❄❄ ❄❄ ❄❄ (talk) (Help Wanted!) 03:19, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- Oh, whoops. I admit, I haven't actually played on Pier, so I don't know whether they're places or just signs. I just found the two signs under Pier images and noticed that they weren't on the list of companies. They do kind of strike me as signs for some reason, so I'll put them in parentheses.Kestrelguy (talk) 17:51, 12 January 2021 (UTC)
- Yes, right, that part of the table requires that you be familiar with the maps. In the Ancient Sumerian days of the wiki, it was anticipated that the front companies or the sign would have more significance, say, to Background or Storyline. There was some of that, but not much, the MvM ARG being an example. But the Signs do have purposes; commemorations, hidden jokes, and player map orientation (see paired signs as examples). In some case, it is clearer where a sign on a building represent the (front) company that occupies that property, but the sign might be used again as "advertisement" elsewhere.
- And in cases, the signs on Properties do contribute to the map's story (e.g., Hellstone; there are signs specific to that map that could be uploaded to the wiki and put on that map's Gallery) Enclosure is a unique and greater case of this; some day, someone may upload the many dinosaur signs from that map, but they really belong in Enclosure's Gallery, rather than List of signs.
- Thank you for helping out. If you think any added wording in the documentation would help clarify this, please, take a crack at it.
- M I K A D O 282 ❄❄❄❄❄❄ ❄❄ ❄❄ (talk) (Help Wanted!) 02:43, 13 January 2021 (UTC)
- I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that noinclude "turned off" the text within it. what does it actually do? Kestrelguy (talk) 18:17, 3 July 2021 (UTC)
- I have learned, forgotten, and relearned that setting a colon at the front of the link prevents inclusion in the category
- The link
[[:Category:Moby Francke]]appears as Category:Moby Francke, but does not add the page to the category.
- M I K A D O 282 ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙ ⊙⊙ ⊙⊙ (talk) (Help Wanted!) 02:14, 7 July 2021 (UTC)
Moby Francke categorization
Thank you very much for populating Category:Moby Francke!
Please be careful. I don't see some of the Demoman and Alpine images in now in the category actually on .
It you have another source of attribution to Moby Francke other than his gallery, please let us know, perhaps in the file's summary.
- I don't have another source, I was just going off of the list of pictures in the deletion discussion. Should I move the "missing" pictures back to Category:Concept art? Kestrelguy (talk) 16:14, 7 July 2021 (UTC)
- So, right, those images are the on the discussion page, and ApuratureLabs attributed them all to Francke. However, the Demomen and the Alpine art do not appear in the one authoritative source I see on the page. Maybe they are all Francke's but the issue is clouded by the Blog post implying that the Demomen missing from Francke's gallery are actually Eng's, and another Blog post unambiguously tying Eng to an art style that matches the earliest Demomen.
- Yes, if You would please, move them back if you can't find a source. Unfortunately, ApuratureLabs is not available.
if you're planning on making a new page, please do so first on your user space. For exmaple, the list of item types should be put on User:Kestrelguy/Template:List of Item Types before it's put on mainspace. Unless a page is finished immediately, please put it on your user space first (You can move the page and mark the redirect for deletion using
GrampaSwood (talk) 14:40, 5 September 2021 (UTC)