|File name:|| |
|Release date:||October 20, 2017|
|Last updated:||November 17, 2017|
- fuzzymellow -
|Hazards:|| White water, Raptors,|
|Health Kits:||×12 • ×24|
|Ammo Boxes:||×7 • ×16 • ×10|
Enclosure is a community-made, three-stage Payload map released during the Jungle Inferno Update. The map depicts certain enclosures and facilities of Charles Darling's Triassic Preserve. Mr. Darling's finest exhibits include Pteranodon, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor, and Tyrannosaurus rex in enriching environments.
A portion of the money made from sales of Jungle Inferno Campaign Pass for the Jungle Inferno campaign goes to the authors of this map.
Spoilers: This map contains many Easter eggs and visual references to content of the Jurassic Park film franchise (and a few to Team Fortress 2 culture) that some players may want to discover on their own. Some of these map features are described or pictured in this page.
Triassic Preserve's Dinosaur Enclosures:
The BLU team must push the cart through three stages, past major facilities and main attractions of Triassic Preserve. "It's kind of a ride!"
Aviary Gate 03 (Stage One)
- Hydroelectric Plant – BLU Base
- Pteranodon Aviary/Ramps
- Chasm (separates left flank route) (Pitfall/White water)
- Service Hall (an important flank for both sides: for RED to get behind the Cart, for BLU the get behind the defense in the Observation Room)
- Ramps Gate (flank to Ramps)
- Gate A (flank to Capture point (A))
- Cage (flank to Observation Room)
- Fan Exit (unlocks with Capture point (A))
- High Hide (one way gate up stairs: high flanks to the Observation Room and Restricted Area, overlook to the Amber Mine Battlements, and route to the Catwalk)
- Capture point (A) "Aviary"
- Aviary Gate 04 (exit from Aviary)
- Observation Room
- Restricted Area (flank between Observation Room and Amber Mine)
- Amber Mine (Hammond’s Amber Mining Co. sorting buildings)
- Battlements: Catwalk (BLU) / Sorting Shed (RED)
- Capture point (B) / Final point – Amber "Mine Entrance"
- RED Base behind Sorting Shed
"Sure, ... that's how it always starts."
BLU Spawn rollout to the Ramps.
"It's a bird cage!"
Ramps battlements in front of BLU Spawn.
Flank to Mine Entrance.
"...you go up and you hide..." High Hide view of the Battlements and Mine Entrance.
Security Station 02 (Stage Two)
- Amber Mine – BLU Base
- Stream (White water)
- Trail (self-interpretive flank to Triceratops Enclosure)
- Brachiosaurus Enclosure / Security buildings
- Capture point (A) "Security Station" - forward RED Spawn
- Control Room flank that unlocks with Capture point (A)
- Pipeline (duck under)
- Triceratops Enclosure (flank)
- Goldbloom Room controls the corner flank past the Triceratops
- Wood Structure (track)
- Lean to (roof/flank)
- Capture point (B) / Final point – "Boathouse" & Freeman Airboat Tours
- RED Base inside Goldbloom Boathouse
"Unless they figure out how to open doors." Unlocks when BLU figures out how to cap.
Holding Facility Gate 01 (Stage Three)
- Goldbloom Warehouse – BLU Base
- Raptor Enclosure (Raptors)
- Maintenance Shed (note: surfable walls)
- Capture point (A) "Raptor enclosure"
- Gate 01 opens with Capture point (A), closes with Capture point (A),
- Sector 6
- RED spawn shortcut to Sector 6: closes with Capture point (A)
- Forward BLU Spawn at Sector 6: opens with Capture point (B)
- Capture point (B) "T-Rex enclosure" (closes Gate 01) (Crushing)
- T-Rex Encounter, final combat area
- Final point – "T-Rex"
- RED Base inside Hatchery
Maintenance Shed, pickups at both ends.
"We have a T-Rex!"
Main approach to the Tyrannosaurus Rex Enclosure.
"She can't not touch."
Rexxy's big closing roar. Go ahead, touch!
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Enclosure to the game.
- Fixed various errors related to textures.
- Fixed a buildable area in BLU spawn for stage 1.
- Updated materials for foliage props.
- Fixed players being able to get stuck in closing dropdown door in stage 3.
- Fixed missing team filter for small resupply room in stage 3.
- Removed unnecessary
env_windentity messing with
-  Rarely, maybe only in Spectate after the Deathcam, the T-Rex gate can fail to render.
- Certain objects on the map may fail to render as well.
- Sharing an issue that the Jurassic Park film has to a lesser extent, none of the dinosaurs displayed in Triassic Park are from the Triassic Period. All are Cretaceous dinosaurs, with only the Brachiosaur making a late appearance in the Jurassic.
"I know this!" Visual references to Team Fortress 2 culture:
Reference to Rappy.
Hidden in a shack in BLU Spawn, deer and Pteranodon play with the TF2 Chess Set.
"So, you know what this is?" Visual references to the Jurassic Park franchise:
"I haven't field tested any of this! The articulated vehicle in The Lost World.
Landing a helicopter in a windy box canyon, "... it's just a little thrilling! ... Yahoo!"
"It's a UNIX system, ..."
The 3 round windows next to the door that Lex had to lock.
Sign from the electric paddock fences in the movies.
"She's in there with you!" Indomimus rex hidden in the trees in her enclosure.
Goldbloom Tropical Flora Exports references actor Jeff Goldblum.
References Isla Nublar hydroelectric plant — "canyon building" next to the "bird cage".
Reference to sloped canyon observation windows of the "canyon building".
"This is how you play God."
Even plywood cutout life has found a way?
Control Center of Jurassic World
"So, what do we do now?"
Probably stick together, for the next game.
References and Notes
The following are citations for the quotes and content references.
- Jurassic Park
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- Jurassic Park III
- Jurassic World. In the Jurassic World film, the "Restricted Area" holds the ruins of the original Jurassic Park, ... and other things.
- Jurassic Park: The maintenance shed next to the Raptor cage in the film. Note the electrical equipment.
- Jurassic World
- Dangerous Games and Jurassic Park III The observation room of the circular "canyon building" of JPIII looks down into the fog-filled Pteronadon cage in the canyon, hidden in fog. The building has water gates and is represented as a hydroelectric power plant in IDW Comics' Dangerous Games.