Template:Did you know
From Team Fortress Wiki
Currently displayed facts
- ...that the "Bonk! Atomic Punch" page of the Scout update features an early version of Pipeline as its background, before it had even been released?
- ...that the Vita-Saw was originally going to have the Solemn Vow attribute along with its attributes?
- ...that on the picture of the achievement Soviet Union, the Heavy on the right sports a mullet, similarly to his original design?
- ...that the Baby Face's Blaster and the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol are named after the famous criminals George "Baby Face" Nelson and Charles "Pretty Boy" Floyd?
- ...that the Equalizer and the Eyelander were originally featured on the hidden Poopy Joe page during the WAR! Update?
|Notice: Before you make an addition, check out the rules for adding new facts.
REMEMBER: NEW FACTS GO AT THE END OF THIS SECTION.
Add facts below this title
- ...that one of the garbled recordings that is heard when the Red-Tape Recorder is used to sap a building says "Let's make some noise..." when it is slowed down to 80% speed?
- ...that the Scout would have been able to catch projectiles and throw them back using the Catcher's Mitt?
- ...that the Scout can achieve a movement speed of up to 22.2 miles or 35.7 kilometers per hour?
- ...that the Manniversary Paper Hat is made from a folded copy of the Jarate ad from the Sniper vs. Spy Update?
- ...that the Sniper unlock was originally going to be a sniper rifle called the Walkabout, but it was later scrapped and replaced with the Huntsman?
- ...that the Respawn Rooms were planned to have turrets, but were scrapped before the final release?
- ...that the Bloodhound was originally planned to be released as Sam's Hat, alongside Max's Severed Head, the Big Kill and the Lugermorph, with the release of Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse, but was scrapped due to the difficulty fitting the head of each class, yet remained in the game files?
- ...that if an arrow is nocked with the Huntsman, and the player is killed before the arrow was shot, the arrow will shoot immediately upon dying?
- ...that a picture from the Engineer Update shows a picture of the Engineer with the Engineer (Classic) from Team Fortress Classic?
- ...that the letters "MTP", which are the initials for Meet the Pyro, are carved on the Scorched Key?
- ...that there is a TF2 soundtrack called Sandwich Maker in the Source Filmmaker Beta which appears in the Engineer Update Teaser?
- ...that there have been Easter eggs about Mann vs. Machine dating as far back as the Engineer Update?
- ...that there are several references to Team Fortress 2 in Bloons Tower Defense 5, two of which are one of the Soldier's taunts as an icon and a Monkey Engineer which creates Sentry guns?
- ...that Bossa Studios released an update for the game Surgeon Simulator 2013 based on Meet the Medic?
- ...that a useless wire connected to a power socket at both ends loops around the 2Fort intel rooms?
- ...that there are unused death animations for every Class (other than the Pyro), presumably to be used for the respective Class burning to death?
- ...that due to the hit detection, the Grenade Launcher does more damage if it hits someone in the bottom, and less damage if it hits someone in the top?
- ...that a screen that reads 'Game Over' is visible on the inside of the Virtual Viewfinder's model?
- ...that a Full Moon occurs every 29.5 days starting Midday, October 12, 2011, but NASA times the average length of a synodic month as 44 minutes and 3 seconds longer?
- ...that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 instruction manuals included with The Orange Box incorrectly list the Sniper's Kukri as a machete?
- ...that the Short Circuit was originally planned to be a machine gun that opened up out of the Engineer's glove instead of an electricity-based weapon?
- ...that there were Rock, Paper, Scissors taunt animations for all classes, and a backflip taunt for Soldier and Demoman added into TF2's files in the Scream Fortress 2013 update that remain unused?
- ...that the Medic's hometown was Stuttgart before being changed to Rottenburg in Two Cities Update?
- ...that the map used for Meet the Medic is actually just an edited version of Badwater Basin?
- ...that a Heavy with any melee weapon as his active weapon can continue to attack while stunned?
- ...that the taunts for the Medic's Bonesaw and Vita-Saw have a chance to play versions of Playing With Danger, the Domination jingle and the Revenge jingle?
- ...that the files for the Sniper's Kukri (such as texture, model and sound) lists it as "machete"
- ...that there are unused headshot and backstab animations for MVM's robots? 
- ...that Merasmus has a tattoo of the Soldier's emblem on his left bicep?
- ...that the textures of Ground Control contain the Japanese characters "のヮの" (No Wa No). These refer to one of the common expressions the character Haruka Amami makes in the THE iDOLM@STER games?
- ...that the front cover of the tf2 comic "A cold day in hell" strikes a matching resemblance to the action comic's first edition front cover?