Template:Did you know
From Team Fortress Wiki
Currently displayed facts
- ...that the "Bonk! Atomic Punch" page of the Scout update features an early version of Pipeline as its background, before it had even been released?
- ...that the Vita-Saw was originally going to have the Solemn Vow attribute along with its attributes?
- ...that on the picture of the achievement Soviet Union, the Heavy on the right sports a mullet, similarly to his original design?
- ...that the Baby Face's Blaster and the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol are named after the famous criminals George "Baby Face" Nelson and Charles "Pretty Boy" Floyd?
- ...that the Equalizer and the Eyelander were originally featured on the hidden Poopy Joe page during the WAR! Update?
|Notice: Before you make an addition, check out the rules for adding new facts.
REMEMBER: NEW FACTS GO AT THE END OF THIS SECTION.
Add facts below this title
- ...that one of the garbled recordings that is heard when the Red-Tape Recorder is used to sap a building says "Let's make some noise..." when it is slowed down to 80% speed?
- ...that the Scout would have been able to catch projectiles and throw them back using the Catcher's Mitt?
- ...that the Scout can achieve a movement speed of up to 22.2 miles or 35.7 kilometers per hour?
- ...that the Manniversary Paper Hat is made from a folded copy of the Jarate ad from the Sniper vs. Spy Update?
- ...that the Sniper unlock was originally going to be a sniper rifle called the Walkabout, but it was later scrapped and replaced with the Huntsman?
- ...that the Respawn Rooms were planned to have turrets, but were scrapped before the final release?
- ...that the Bloodhound was originally planned to be released as Sam's Hat, alongside Max's Severed Head, the Big Kill and the Lugermorph, with the release of Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse, but was scrapped due to the difficulty fitting the head of each class, yet the textures remained in the game files?
- ...that if an arrow is nocked with the Huntsman, and the player is killed before the arrow was shot, the arrow will shoot immediately upon dying?
- ...that a picture from the Engineer Update shows a picture of the Engineer with the Engineer (Classic) from Team Fortress Classic?
- ...that the letters "MTP", which are the initials for Meet the Pyro, are carved on the Scorched Key?
- ...that there is a TF2 soundtrack called Sandwich Maker in the Source Filmmaker Beta which appears in the Engineer Update Teaser?
- ...that there have been Easter eggs about Mann vs. Machine dating as far back as the Engineer Update?
- ...that there are several references to Team Fortress 2 in Bloons Tower Defense 5, two of which are one of the Soldier's taunts as an icon and a Monkey Engineer which creates Sentry Guns?
- ...that Bossa Studios released an update for the game Surgeon Simulator 2013 based on Meet the Medic?
- ...that a useless wire connected to a power socket at both ends loops around the 2Fort intel rooms?
- ...that there are unused death animations for every class (other than the Pyro), presumably to be used for the respective class burning to death?
- ...that the Virtual Viewfinder has a Team Fortress cartridge inserted into it, along with a screen that reads 'Game Over' on the inside of the model?
- ...that a Full Moon occurs every 29.5 days starting Midday, October 12, 2011, but NASA times the average length of a synodic month as 44 minutes and 3 seconds longer?
- ...that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 instruction manuals included with The Orange Box incorrectly list the Scout's Scattergun as a shotgun, the Heavy's Minigun as a chain gun, and the Sniper's Kukri as a machete?
- ...that the Short Circuit was originally planned to be a machine gun that opened up out of the Engineer's glove instead of an electricity-based weapon?
- ...that the Medic's hometown was Stuttgart before being changed to Rottenburg in Two Cities Update?
- ...that the map used for Meet the Medic is actually just an edited version of Badwater Basin?
- ...that a Heavy with any melee weapon as his active weapon can continue to attack while stunned?
- ...that the taunts for the Medic's Bonesaw and Vita-Saw have a chance to play versions of Playing With Danger, the Domination jingle and the Revenge jingle?
- ...that the files for the Sniper's Kukri (such as texture, model and sound) lists it as "machete"
- ...that there are unused headshot and backstab animations for MVM's robots? 
- ...that Merasmus has a tattoo of the Soldier's emblem on his left bicep?
- ...that the textures of Ground Control contain the Japanese characters "のヮの" (No Wa No), which are a reference to one of the common expressions the character Haruka Amami makes in the THE iDOLM@STER games?
- ...that the Team Fortress 2 mercenaries are actually the third generation of mercenaries hired by Redmond & Blutarch Mann?
- ...that at the end of Meet the Medic, at the scene where the mercenaries are sitting in a waiting room to get their Ubercharge hearts, the order they were given matches the class order used in Team Fortress Classic?
- ...that the Spy's Gibs actually depict his beta model instead of his in-game one?
- ...that the idea for the Spy came from a Team Fortress bug?
- ...that some of the taunts from the Love & War Update existed in TF2's code since Scream Fortress 2013?
- ...that there was a scrapped building for the Engineer called the Repair Node?
- ...that the texture for the Portable Smissmas Spirit Dispenser suggests that there used to be an interior to the snow globe's cabin, and that the normal map texture contains a drawing of the Steam mascot, Sir Roderick Bodkin?
- ...that the Love & War Update was once called the Bucket List Update?
- ...that there is a reference to the Liberty Bell hidden in the Liberty Launcher?
- ...that on its right side, the Family Business has a small faded picture of a hammer and sickle?
- ...that Shakespearicles invented the Rocket Launcher, along with the method of rocket jumping?
- ...that it is possible to assist yourself as a Scout by killing someone right as your Mad Milk lands on said person?
- ...that there's an unused .midi version of Intruder Alert?
- ...that in the newspaper shown on the comic Ring of Fired apparently uses an invented language on the small letters?
- ...that while using the Vaccinator, keeping the alternate fire button pressed maintains an ÜberCharge through all of the charges left with no interruptions in between?
- ...that the End of the Line Update update was originally supposed to include a map?
- ...that Phlogistinator is named after the now disproven phlogiston theory?
- ...that the Carrier Tank in Mann vs. Machine was placed in to multiple different maps before the official release of Mann vs. Machine?
- ...that the Love & War Update was referenced prior to its release by a line in Dota 2's "The Stanley Parable Announcer Pack?"
- ...that the Sentry of the Engineer beeps according to their level?
- ...that colors ( RED and BLU ) came from the names: Redmond and Blutarch but not on their color? and it's meanings are Reliable_Excavation_Demolition and Builders_League_United?
- ...that the Disciplinary Action can hit enemy players from the back?
- ...that if you press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Enter at the Teamfortress Wiki homepage, a spy will sap the logo?
- ...that Medics ÜberCharged with the Vaccinator using fire resistance can survive the Hadouken taunt kill?
- ...that healing a Detonator jumping Pyro with the Vaccinator using bullet resistance will heal the Medic by 9 HP?
- ...that the Siberian Sophisticate adds a barcode to the back of Heavy's head?