Template:Did you know
From Team Fortress Wiki
Currently displayed facts
- ...that the letters "MTP", which are the initials for Meet the Pyro, are carved on the Scorched Key?
- ...that there is a TF2 soundtrack called Sandwich Maker in the Source Filmmaker Beta which appears in the Engineer Update Teaser?
- ...that there have been Easter eggs about Mann vs. Machine dating as far back as the Engineer Update?
- ...that there are several references to Team Fortress 2 in Bloons Tower Defense 5, two of which are one of the Soldier's taunts as an icon and a Monkey Engineer which creates Sentry Guns?
- ...that Bossa Studios released an update for the game Surgeon Simulator 2013 based on Meet the Medic?
- ...that a useless wire connected to a power socket at both ends loops around the 2Fort intel rooms?
- ...that there are unused death animations for every class (other than the Pyro), presumably to be used for the respective class burning to death?
- ...that the Virtual Viewfinder has a Team Fortress cartridge inserted into it, along with a screen that reads 'Game Over' on the inside of the model?
- ...that a Full Moon occurs every 29.5 days starting Midday, October 12, 2011, but NASA times the average length of a synodic month as 44 minutes and 3 seconds longer?
|Notice: Before you make an addition, check out the rules for adding new facts.
REMEMBER: NEW FACTS GO AT THE END OF THIS SECTION.
Add facts below this title
- ...that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 instruction manuals included with The Orange Box incorrectly list the Scout's Scattergun as a shotgun, the Heavy's Minigun as a chain gun, and the Sniper's Kukri as a machete?
- ...that the Short Circuit was originally planned to be a machine gun that opened up out of the Engineer's glove instead of an electricity-based weapon?
- ...that the Medic's hometown was Stuttgart before being changed to Rottenburg in Two Cities Update?
- ...that the map used for Meet the Medic is actually just an edited version of Badwater Basin?
- ...that a Heavy with any melee weapon as his active weapon can continue to attack while stunned?
- ...that the taunts for the Medic's Bonesaw and Vita-Saw have a chance to play versions of Playing With Danger, the Domination jingle and the Revenge jingle?
- ...that there are unused headshot and backstab animations for MVM's robots? 
- ...that Merasmus has a tattoo of the Soldier's emblem on his left bicep?
- ...that the textures of Ground Control contain the Japanese characters "のヮの" (No Wa No), which are a reference to one of the common expressions the character Haruka Amami makes in the THE iDOLM@STER games?
- ...that the Team Fortress 2 mercenaries are actually the third generation of mercenaries hired by Redmond & Blutarch Mann?
- ...that at the end of Meet the Medic, at the scene where the mercenaries are sitting in a waiting room to get their Ubercharge hearts, the order they were given matches the class order used in Team Fortress Classic?
- ...that the idea for the Spy came from a Team Fortress bug?
- ...that some of the taunts from the Love & War Update existed in TF2's code since Scream Fortress 2013?
- ...that there was a scrapped building for the Engineer called the Repair Node?
- ...that the texture for the Portable Smissmas Spirit Dispenser suggests that there used to be an interior to the snow globe's cabin, and that the normal map texture contains a drawing of the Steam mascot, Sir Roderick Bodkin?
- ...that the Love & War Update was once called the Bucket List Update?
- ...that there is a reference to the Liberty Bell hidden in the Liberty Launcher?
- ...that on its right side, the Family Business has a small faded picture of a hammer and sickle?
- ...that Shakespearicles invented the Rocket Launcher, along with the method of rocket jumping?
- ...that there's an unused .midi version of Intruder Alert?
- ...that in the newspaper shown on the comic Ring of Fired apparently uses an invented language on the small letters?
- ...that while using the Vaccinator, keeping the alternate fire button pressed maintains an ÜberCharge through all of the charges left with no interruptions in between?
- ...that the End of the Line Update update was originally supposed to include a map?
- ...that Phlogistinator is named after the now disproven phlogiston theory?
- ...that the Carrier Tank in Mann vs. Machine was placed into different maps before the official release of Mann vs. Machine?
- ...that the Love & War Update was referenced prior to its release by a line in Dota 2's "The Stanley Parable Announcer Pack?"
- ...that the Sentry of the Engineer beeps according to their level?
- ...that RED and BLU's names come from their owner's names, Redmond Mann and Blutarch Mann?
- ...that the Disciplinary Action can hit enemy players from the back?
- ...that Medics ÜberCharged with the Vaccinator using fire resistance can survive the Hadouken taunt kill?
- ...that healing a Detonator jumping Pyro with the Vaccinator using bullet resistance will heal the Medic by 9 HP?
- ...that the Siberian Sophisticate adds a barcode to the back of Heavy's head?
- ...that the Boxcar Bomber is named after the Bockscar B-29 bomber plane that dropped the nuclear bomb in Nagasaki, Japan during World War II?
- ...that the Box Trot was hidden in the background of various places on the pages for the Gun Mettle Update?
- ...that The Kazotsky Kick was an unused taunt titled "Taunt_Russian", which has been in the game files since Scream Fortress 2013?
- ...that there was an cosmetic called the Bonk'n'Flash, which was scrapped due to copyright concerns and was replaced by the Bonk Boy?
- ...that the loading screen of Yukon still shows the old control point placement?
- ...that the Conniver's Kunai's over-heal bonus removes degenerative effects such as afterburn and Bleeding?
- ...that the box from the Box Trot taunt has some Japanese written on it (スパイは、この箱のなかにいる) which translates to "The Spy is in this box"?
- ...that Your Eternal Reward is a reference to the movie Aladdin where jafar has a knife in his hand?
- ...that the Prehistoric Pullover was originally created for the community-made Night of the Living Update 2 back in 2012?
- ...that despite its description saying otherwise, the RoBro 3000 has an on/off switch?
- ...that some of the Mannrobics taunt's moves were taken from the Crystal Light National Aerobic Championship (this was mostly the inspiration for the taunt).