From Team Fortress Wiki
Upon taunting, the Pyro turns sideways and aims the Scorch Shot ahead, firing a single shot. If the flare hits a target at close range, it will deal 400 damage, killing anyone slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be in the way, save for an overhealed Heavy. At medium or long ranges, the flare only deals the standard 15 damage, but still inflicts afterburn damage.
An Execution kill at close range will completely fill the Pyro's "Mmmph" bar if equipped with the Phlogistinator.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Taunt duration||4 s|
|Afterburn duration||10 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- [Undocumented] Added the Execution taunt.
- Fixed exploit where the Scorch Shot could fire its short range kill pellet at the very beginning of the taunt.
- The flare can go through thin walls such as setup gates when fired at a correct angle.
- Using the Execution taunt when out of ammo will still fire a flare.
- The firing sound can only be heard by other players, not the player that uses the taunt.
- The taunt was featured in Meet the Pyro. In the Pyro's mind, he is blowing bubbles at a cherub version of the Scout. In reality, the Pyro is using the Scorch Shot to shoot the Scout at point-blank range.