|Chief Executive Officer:||Administrator|
TF Industries is a mysterious company based in Washington, USA that is "Devoted to the highest level of craftsmanship and personal security". Headed by the Administrator, they specialize in the very latest in military technology, selling all manner of deadly, cutting-edge devices to prospective buyers. They also run the popular 'Buildables' line of Engineering products.
They offer an extended services contract on all items and are not responsible for any injuries attained while operating their products.
Major divisions of TF Industries include:
- Mann Co.
- Mann Co. Monkeynautics
- Reliable Excavation Demolition
- Builders League United
- チーム フォートレス 2 地図 (Reporting mark: TF2M) The Nippon division of TF Industries.
- Valve Corporation (publishing)
- TF2 Hobbies, Inc.
Known products of TF Industries include:
- Sentry Gun Mechanical Firing Device – Sentry Model v 2.1 serial no. 24724 (Designer: Dell Conagher (The Engineer), circa 1965) ("All the firepower you need, – with both hands freed!")
- Uhlman Build-Matic Wrench
- Dispense-O-Matic 9000 Provisions Dispenser ("The 'All-In-One' Station")
- Branding Iron
- ID badges: Primeval Warrior, Grizzled Veteran, Soldier of Fortune, Mercenary, Bronze Duel Badge, Silver duel badge, Gold duel badge
The Mann Co. division of TF Industries also makes many other products that are not directly affiliated with TFi.
- "TF" is an initialism for "Team Fortress". This is either a self-reference or an explanation of sorts for the title.
- There are 3 different flags (not Intelligence cases) in the game files, the head of each reads 'TFi'.
- Sentry Operating Manual, p. 6 (bottom of page: the Valve Division of TF Industries Washington, USA, office and the Sentry is made in Washington, USA)
- Sentry Operating Manual, p. 6 (bottom of page: the Valve Corporation is functioning here as a publishing division of TF Industries; as publisher, Valve holds the copyright on the manual)
- Sentry Operating Manual
- Sentry Operating Manual, p. 2 (advertisement)
- Sentry Operating Manual, p. 5 (shotgun is mentioned as included with Sentry package)