That's how we do it in the bush!
— The Sniper teaching newcomers how to play old-school
The Primeval Warrior is a cosmetic item for all classes. It is a reflective rectangular platinum medal with the emblem of the class worn on the character's chest.
The item's description was written by NB820 for the Hat Describing Contest.
This item was awarded to players who first played Team Fortress 2 from 00:00 September 17, 2007 (UTC) to 23:59 October 9, 2007 (UTC), the pre-game release beta-testing phase.
- The Primeval Warrior was added to the game.
- Grizzled Veteran badges from before October 10th, 2007 were changed to Primeval Warrior badges.
- Badge hire dates now display the time in GMT.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for the Primeval Warrior.
- Name Tags can now be used on this medal.
- Originally, players who participated in the beta did not get any medal when the medals went live, due to Valve forgetting to factor the prerelease beta into their distribution algorithm, although this was quickly corrected and these players got the Grizzled Veteran. When the Primeval Warrior was added, in the May 5, 2010 Patch, the aforementioned Grizzled Veteran medals were converted to reflect this.
- The date on Robin Walker's Primeval Warrior is dated August 23, 1998. This is the 2nd birthday of the original Team Fortress mod for Quake, and not Robin's hire date as previously speculated. The date is shown as 1 day prior to the correct birthday due to GMT to CDT conversion. Interestingly enough, while this is not Robin's date of hire at Valve, it is one day short of 2 years from it.