Everyday, new members join the Team Fortress Wiki for reasons of their own, perhaps to obtain a Wiki Cap or become long-term editors and become a part of the community. Naturally, this Wiki is can be very confusing to a new member, whilst considering the strict rules we abide by, and so on. The Welcoming Committee aims to help show these new editors their first steps they need to take.
There are obviously no special requirements for anyone to be a member of the committee. We do ask that you have some knowledge with the Wiki, in order for you to answer people's questions better.
In addition to welcoming new users and giving them correct links, there is a small Q&A section as seen below. New users should feel free to come and go as they please and ask as many questions as needed, provided they are put in the right subsections.
When welcoming users, it is preferred that you have a personal welcome message. It strengthens bonds between users rather than giving them the exact same template over and over again. However, if needed, the following template should be used.
This will show up on the users page as:
Hello, Wingless/Sandbox/Welcome Team!
Welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Official Wiki!
Here are a few links to get you started:
- If you're not too familiar with editing wikis, you might like to start with Help:Editing.
- If you already are familiar with wikiediting, you might want to try Help:Style guide.
- Recent Changes will let you see others' contributions as they happen.
- To make Recent Changes more useful for all users, remember to provide an edit summary in the "Summary" field before you save your changes.
- You can set the wiki to prompt you for a summary in your preferences.
- When posting on an article's Talk page you should add four tilde symbols or ~~~~ onto the end.
- This will add a signature and timestamp to your comment so others can easily tell who posted it.
- Any new sections on an article's Talk page should be added to the bottom of the page and not to the top.
- When editing normal article pages, don't sign your contributions.
- You can use the button in the editing toolbar to quickly add a signature.
- If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to leave a message for a staff member.
- If you have trouble with anything on the wiki or you're not sure about a specific topic, feel free to join the IRC.
- You can also customize your user page if you like.
- Additionally, if you would like to add any self-made content to the wiki, please do so by adding the prefix User:Wingless/Sandbox/Welcome Team/ to the page title when you create the page.
Once again, welcome to the Team Fortress 2 Wiki!
If you are a member of the committee, feel free to use this userbox on your page!
Questions wanting to be answered belong in their respective sections below. Please remember to sign your question with four "~"s so we can see your name, time, and date.
- Right here! Remember that you can search for "Task List" and it'll redirect you to the correct page. 09:44, 23 August 2012 (PDT)