When a player activates the taunt an aggressive, toothy alien similar to a bread monster will violently burst out of the player's chest and have some interaction with the player before stuffing itself back in. Some classes add slight variations, like the Medic examining the alien or the Soldier attempting to grab it. The voice of the alien is the same voice of the bread monster's "screaming".
The Burstchester was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Burstchester was added to the game.
- According to the Invasion Update Page and the original workshop submission, the alien's name is "Chester".
- This taunt is a reference to the Alien movie franchise. When Chestbursters (A type of alien under the name Xenomorph) become fully grown inside a host, they burst out of the host's chest.
- This act also gives the taunt its name, combining "chest" and "burst."
- Oddly This is the only taunt in the game that can have the strange quality.