|Developer(s):||Ian "idolon" Spadin|
Gavin "Equinoxo" Sawford
Guy "Gerbil" Ross
Kevin "Ravidge" Brook
Matt "Boylee" Boyle
Sebastian "Seba" Grus
The mercenaries can't even finish building a barn. Let's see if they can finish a fight.
— Invasion Update
Byre is a community-made Arena map. It was added to the game with the Invasion Community Update.
The goal is to eliminate the entire enemy team or capture the two control points.
Byre won 3rd place in the 2014 TF2Maps.net Major Mapping Contest #11, "Mercs vs. Aliens".
Byre was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Death Ray: The center of the map is separated by a death ray. On both sides of the ray are the two control points.
- Team Barns: To the sides are the team-colored barns holding Control Point A & B respectively. Each barn has three entrances from a rear plank, the side opening, and the front opening. On the rear plank is a small ammo kit.
- Tool Sheds: In front of each spawn is an unfinished toolshed. To the left of the shed is their team's corresponding barn.
- Ditches: On side of each team's spawn is a small ditch that can lead to their corresponding barn. Inside the ditch is a small health kit.
Main article: Community Byre strategy
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
Control point timing
This is the changelog of the map before it was added to the game.
- some more detail
- a lot more optimization
- added ufo that goes boom when you win
- added a small ammo on both sides
- all classes can get on the shack roofs now
i forgot to make a changelog entry for b3 and im not sure what i actually changed, if anything
- lotsa detail changes and additions
- added hole in barns' roofs
- changed attic platform to planks to make people more vulnerable
- added another attic route to the barns
- added Overtime
- tried to add a 10 second unlock period but arena doesn't seem to like that
- added ufo and laser finale thing (its dumb)
- will get stalemates working properly later, sorry
- r.i.p. cool dog screenshot
- map is now 2cp arena
- removed final
- redid entire layout to be less cramped and flow better, but same general concept and buildings
- first version
October 6, 2015 Patch (Invasion Community Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Byre to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added the Invasion Community Update maps to regular quickplay lists.
- Players can sometimes get stuck in the gates to their spawn when they open at the start of the round while touching them.
- Killing all enemy players after the match has already ended by capturing both control points will trigger the finale cinematic twice.
- Byre originally started as a symmetrical 4cp map, where teams had to capture both middle points before attacking the final point.
- A total of 15 different sounds are triggered during the finale laser cinematic.