January 11, 2012 Patch
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
- Limit the effective FOV of players using wide-screen resolutions with aspect ratios wider than 1.85:1. The
sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fovConVar can be changed to remove the restriction or make the restriction also apply to full-screen players.
Team Fortress 2
Cp_Foundrynot ending the map in the middle of a round when
- Fixed the Spy saying 'Prego' for one of his 'Thanks!' lines
- Fixed incorrect player animations for the Buff Banner and the Battalion's Backup
- Fixed some cases where strange Ullapool Cabers and wrenches would fail to correctly count kills
- Improvements for client stability
- Updated the localization files
- Crafting changes:
- Added crafting recipes for weapons introduced during the holiday update
- When selecting items for use in crafting, the items selected will show their quality in addition to the item name
- Ellis' Cap can now be used as a crafting reagent(sic)
- Item changes
- Added The Lucky Shot helmet
- Added The Killer Exclusive to the Mann Co. store
- Added Mask of the Shaman to the item drop list
- Fixed particle display problems for items with multiple effects
- Fixed the Dr. Whoa paint not drawing correctly for the Blue team
- Updated the Desert Marauder and the Villain's Veil so they can be equipped together
- Updated the Fancy Dress Uniform and the Kringle Collection so they can be equipped together
- The Bombinomicon no longer shakes the screen and has a delay before the explosion so that Snipers, Spies, and others can get better feedback on the actual cause of death
- The Bazaar Bargain functionality has changed: only one stored head is lost on a miss or a bodyshot and no heads are gained when missing while crit-boosted
- Added Mann Co. Supply Crate #37 and removed Mann Co. Supply Crate #32.
- The Killer Exclusive is now craftable, can be found as a timed drop, and unboxed in Unusual quality.
- Bill's Hat can now be used as a crafting ingredient.
- ↑ Wrap Assassin, Phlogistinator, Manmelter, Third Degree, Pomson 6000, Eureka Effect, Spy-cicle, and Holiday Punch.
- ↑ Ellis' Cap was not actually changed to be used as a crafting ingredient. It was updated to be craftable on January 12.
- Note: The changelog below is generated from a diff of two revisions of the game. This data may be incomplete or inconsistent.
Modified: team fortress 2 content.gcf/tf/steam.inf
Modified: team fortress 2 client content.gcf/tf/bin/client.dll
Modified: team fortress 2 client content.gcf/tf/bin/client.dylib
Modified: team fortress 2 content.gcf/tf/bin/server.dll
Modified: team fortress 2 content.gcf/tf/bin/server.dylib
Modified: team fortress 2 content.gcf/tf/bin/server.so
Added: team fortress 2 content.gcf/tf/maps/cp_foundry_l_0.lmp
Modified: team fortress 2 content.gcf/tf/sound/vo/spy_thanks01.wav
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/materials/backpack/player/items/soldier/luckyshot.vtf
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/materials/backpack/player/items/soldier/luckyshot_large.vtf
Modified: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/materials/models/player/items/medic/bowtie_blue.vtf
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/materials/models/player/items/soldier/luckyShot_blue.vtf
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/materials/models/player/items/soldier/luckyshot_red.vtf
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/models/player/items/soldier/luckyShot.dx80.vtx
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/models/player/items/soldier/luckyShot.dx90.vtx
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/models/player/items/soldier/luckyShot.mdl
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/models/player/items/soldier/luckyShot.phy
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/models/player/items/soldier/luckyShot.sw.vtx
Added: team fortress 2 materials.gcf/tf/models/player/items/soldier/luckyShot.vvd