Let's see them try that twice!
— The Soldier foolishly testing his luck again
The Lucky Shot is a community-created cosmetic item for the Soldier. It is the Soldier's default helmet, cracked from the impact of an unexploded mortar bomb with a yellow or orange stripe, depending on the team, embedded in the top.
The Lucky Shot was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
January 11, 2012 Patch
- The Lucky Shot was added to the game.
January 12, 2012 [Item schema update]
- The Lucky Shot is no longer paintable.
January 13, 2012 [Item schema update]
- The Lucky Shot now hides the Soldier's default helmet.
- Fixed the Lucky Shot not hiding the base Soldier helmet
- [Undocumented] Lowered the price of the Lucky Shot in the Mann Co. Store.
- Updated the Lucky Shot's equip region.
- Updated the equip region for the Lucky Shot.
July 7, 2016 Patch (Meet Your Match Update)
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The BLU variant has a lighter tone of blue for the helmet compared to the Soldier's default helmet.