|Damage Done:||Instant kill|
|Found On:||Well (Control Point), Well (Capture the Flag), Freight, Cactus Canyon (final zone), Snowplow, Mannhattan (non-interactive), District, Banana Bay, Mossrock|
A Train is an environmental hazard which first appeared in the map Well, and has been used in other maps since. Trains typically appear on the map in the form of a railway crossing complete with warning lights and a ringing bell sound effect. The speed and the timing of the Train's appearance varies by map. Sometimes the train will be only an engine, and other times it will be pulling flatcars or boxcars.
Contact with the front of a Train results in the destruction of buildings and death of the player, including players currently receiving an ÜberCharge from a Medic. Players who cause an opponent to be struck and killed by a train through knock back or wound the player by any other means before the death will not be credited with a kill assist.
- Stickybombs launched at a moving Train will be stuck in the air at the point where the Stickybomb and Train met, instead of moving along with the Train.
- The Train's design resembles that of the EMD GP38-2, a model of locomotive first introduced in the 1970s.
- The Train's horn appears to be a Nathan K3LA.
- The Train bears the company name "Northern Express". Likely a nod at real-life American railroad, Southern Pacific.
- Train's paint scheme matches the "Bloody Nose" standard that Southern Pacific used from 1958 on -- with the exception that the characteristic SP nose wings are not the standard Sunset Red but instead are the rare "Halloween" orange that SP experimented with around 1958.
- The GP38-2 used to operate in Southern Pacific's fleet as well -- that railroad operated south and east of the Badlands.
- The train's number of '7331' is the popular gaming phrase 1337 ('leet' in numbers, a text version of the word 'elite') backwards.
- Trains also feature on a number of maps not officially in the game, including Trainsawlaser.