|Developer(s):||Patrick "MangyCarface" Mulholland|
Arthur "Arhurt" Bobany de Queiroz
|Hazards:||Pitfall, Li'l Chew Chew|
|Health Kits:||×8 • ×11 • ×2|
|Ammo Boxes:||×5 • ×15 • ×4|
Frontier is a single-stage Payload map with 4 control points added in the Community Map Pack Update. It is oriented towards organizing pushes around the cart's movement to benefit from its significant protection instead of suppressing the RED team, because the layout of terrain is highly favorable towards the RED team. The crowning feature of Frontier is its custom cart, "Li'l Chew-Chew".
Li'l Chew Chew
In place of the standard BLU cart is a substantially larger mechanized train engine known as Li'l Chew-Chew. It has razor-sharp teeth and two headlights as eyes, and a rideable platform on the back. It is impossible to build buildings on the rideable platform.
Providing cover from frontal attacks, Li'l Chew Chew is capable of significantly damaging any player in its mouth when it is moving forwards. The damage done increases as more players ride its rear platform; three or more attackers cause the train to deal an instant-kill. The platform also has a built-in BLU Dispenser; however, those riding on it will have trouble seeing directly in front of the cart, as the main body of the train is in the way. It has a noticeably increased pushing range when compared to normal carts.
Note: If you're having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
Control Point 1
- Control Point: Control Point 1 sits in an area surrounded by high cliffs and buildings just in front of RED's starting spawn area.
- Shack: A small, two-level building to the right of the BLU base. It has a small balcony that a Sentry Gun can be placed on to give a good area of fire over the top of the Payload cart.
- Cave: The cave sits directly across from the Shack in front of the BLU base. It too has a small balcony that a Sentry Gun can be placed on to give a good area of fire directly at the Payload cart and at the main exit point of the BLU base. However, this spot is more exposed than the Sentry Gun spot on the Shack.
- Tower: A tall building sits right above the last stretch of tracks before the first checkpoint. It overlooks the entire first checkpoint, the cliffs, and the exit from the Red spawn. Right after exiting the caves, one can find a set of stairs that lead to the tower.
- Cliffs: Running parallel to the last part of the tracks leading to the first point are the cliffs which are stretching from the tower to the first checkpoint accompanying tracks from their left side. On the cliffs is a small wooden shack.
Control Point 2
- Control Point: Control Point 2 is at the top of a large hill inside of the warehouse.
- Canyon: Right after the first checkpoint, the cart takes a turn to the left and runs through a small valley where it is surrounded by cliffs from both of its sides, after that it goes through a gate-like entrance to start climbing up the incline to the second checkpoint.
- Incline: A hill which the cart climbs from the valley to the second checkpoint.
- House: Just as the cart starts climbing up the incline it will pass the house. A relatively small two-story building which is right on the beginning of the incline and on the right side of the cart.
- Rock Wall: A rock wall separates the second checkpoint from the incline.
- Warehouse: This is a giant structure that is positioned on the far right side of the cart trucks right up against the map border. Inside one of the parts of the warehouse is the second checkpoint which the cart reaches by climbing up the incline.
- Mesa: An elevated structure which is right on the end of the incline and is positioned parallel to the cart tracks as they run from the incline to the second checkpoint, Mesa also offers Blu members a passage to the third checkpoint once the second one is captured.
Control Point 3
When this point is captured, two giant doors at the final pit slide open, revealing a satellite dish pointed at the sky.
- Control Point: Control Point 3 sits between the antenna building and the Rock Plateau.
- Incline 2.0: After the second checkpoint is captured, the cart will leave the warehouse and once again, start climbing a small incline. Parallel to the incline, on the track's right side, is a metal catwalk which is on an elevated position above the incline.
- A small shack: On the left side of the incline, 2.0 is a small shack positioned on a pile of rocks.
- Rock Plateau: As the Cart climbs up the incline it will travel underneath a catwalk before proceeding to pass the Rock Plateau, a group of cliffs and rocks positioned on the right side of the tracks.
- Hollow building: As the cart passes through the Rock Plateau it will start going through a big building, also known as the "Hollow building" duo to the fact that it doesn't contain anything other than the cart tracks.
Control Point 4
- Control Point: Control Point 4 sits above a large open pit with a satellite dish at the bottom of it.
- RED Final Spawn: The RED team's final spawn area is located on either side of the point, connected by a catwalk.
1.Shack 2.Cave 3.Tower 4.Cliffs 5.Canyon 6.Incline 7.House 8.Rock Wall 9.Warehouse 10.Incline 2.0 11 small shack 12.Hollow building 13.Rock Plateau 14.Balcony Building 15.Red Catwalks
Yellow circle: First checkpoint Green circle: Second checkpoint Black circle: Third checkpoint White circle: Final checkpoint
Blue diagonal lines: First Blu spawn Red diagonal lines: First Red spawn Double Red/Blue diagonal lines: Second spawn Red/Blue circle w/ double diagonal lines: Third spawn Red/Blu square w/ circle and double diagonal lines: Fourth spawn
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- After the Payload has been delivered and the round has ended, the timer on the cart will still continue to drop.
- If a RED player is standing in the open door of BLU's second spawn point when the round ends, they will be instantly teleported across the map into the third spawn point.
- If a BLU player pushes the cart, but not enough to get it out of the spawn room, and the cart retreats, the platform will stop when it gets to its starting position, but Li'l Chew Chew will keep going until it reached the same stopping point as the platform, resulting in Li'l Chew Chew clipping through over half of the platform. It will return to normal when a new round starts.
- Snipers can fire through the right window frame of the balcony building.
- Li'l Chew Chew can be glitched so the platform that it is towing will be far behind the actual engine, which allows the BLU team to have a significant advantage as the cart will be farther ahead than where the platform is. It also may have a model glitch, getting inside the ground and preventing RED team players from seeing the engine, which still has a functioning deathbox.
- Teleporter entrances can also be built in one of RED's final spawn rooms, due to a lack of the entity func_respawnroom around a Resupply cabinet.
- RED Engineers can build a teleporter exit on the border of the entrance to BLU's first spawn, allowing RED entry if a BLU team member does a partner or group taunt.
- When the final point is capped, any BLU team members who were set to respawn at that time will appear in RED's final spawn room, instead of BLU's intended final spawn room.
- Players can camp RED team's second spawn (BLU's 3rd) by using sticky bombs and firing at the top of a wall where the invisible walls cause the bombs to fall into the spawn area.
- It is possible to build buildings as Engineer in the pit at the last point before the third point is capped. Any teleporter exits built there will result in a tele-trap and a Dispenser or Sentry Gun which could be stood on.
- The computer screen on Li'l Chew Chew bears the message: "Lil' Chew Chew v2.2 I've not been programmed for Regret <3 <3".
- The ticker tape below reads: "Lil' ChewChew OS 2.5 start up, Running System Check, Armor 100% ready, Vacuum Tubes 100% ready, Jaws 100% ready, Engines 100% ready, initializing vacuum tube logic --- Loading Chew-Chew personality, Debugging complete, Chew-Chew personality 100% ready, Maggot removal imminent, operational!!!".
- The official announcement writes the cart's name as "Li'l Chew Chew", but the display on the computer screen reads "Lil' Chew Chew".
- There is an unobtainable hidden medium medkit inside the ground below the walkway from BLU first spawn towards Canyon.