|Map type||Mann vs. Machine|
|Hazards:||Grinder (and banana peel)|
|Health Kits:||×5 • ×5|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×5 • ×5|
Unique to this map are its two gates, labelled Gate A and Gate B. Roughly half of the robots that spawn are "gatebots", identified by glowing yellow lights on their heads, which ignore the bomb and instead try to open the gates much like capturing control points. If a gate is captured, all bombs currently in play are sent back to spawn and all non-giant robots are stunned for approximately twenty seconds. When this time expires, a loud whistle blows (similar to Foundry), and the robots resume their assault, gaining guaranteed critical hits for a short period of time. Note that unlike control points, the robots' capture progress cannot be blocked by the presence of a player and robots can still capture the point if übered; every robot in the capture zone must be destroyed to stop the capture progress.
The capturing of a gate has three effects that make the defenders' job more difficult: the robots' spawn moves up to the newly captured gate, captured gates cannot be closed or recaptured for the rest of the wave, and an additional bomb is brought into play for each gate captured. This forces the defenders to split their forces accordingly, as players then have to defend against two or three bombs at once. In the event both gates are captured, the remaining gatebots' lights turn off, and they join the rest of the horde in carrying the bombs.
Tanks do not spawn on this map.
The Warehouse is the first spawning location of the robots. They'll come in through the main shipping doors as well as the overhead catwalks.
- Gate A: The first gate that must be captured by the robots before they can capture Gate B.
A series of large shipping containers lay in the middle of the map. All over the containers are catwalks for tactical positions, as well as alternate pathways. Near the containers are two key points of the map.
- Grinder: To the left of the containers is a grinder with a banana peel near it. Should a player step on a peel they'll instantly slip and fall into the grinder. A skilled Pyro can airblast robots into the grinder for an instant kill.
- Gate B: To the right side is Gate B, locked until the robots capture Gate A.
Sea Side Exports
The location of the main hatch. Has two pathways on the sides and one in the middle.
- Old Railway Ditch: Underneath the central bridge to the hatch. Contains one medium health kit.
- Mannhattan Used Fireworks (And Repair): Structural pathway on the left lane. Contains a Max Ammo and small health kit.
- The map's name is a play on Manhattan, a borough of New York City and Mann Co..
- The poster of a "Missing" gorilla refers the association of King Kong with Manhattan.
- Periodically, a surface subway train car can be seen speeding down the tracks behind a fence. It can't be interacted with, but this model of train car was later used on the PASS Time map District.
Mannhattan has 5 map-specific achievements.
- Added Mannhattan to the game.
- Rebalanced Empire Escalation
- Fixed credits not always being collected when they fall into the grinder.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the gates to be captured out of order.
- Fixed a lighting bug related to lower graphics settings that cause the map to be too dark.
- Fixed being able to construct buildings inside the respawn room.
- Fixed a material problem near the hatch.
- Fixed Spies spawning behind the closed door at Gate A.
- Fixed Sentry Busters sometimes staying at Gate A instead of attacking the Sentry Gun.
- Mac users currently have a bug which times out the user before and during the wave.
- Gate A will occasionally continue its alarm even while robots are nowhere near the gate, and the door can very rarely, miraculously vanish despite the robots failed attempt to open it.
- If a Gate were to have been opened, it will force all giant robots to fall back even after a giant robot has successfully deployed the bomb, preventing a wave loss.
- Rarely, in Mannhattan, stray radio waves will appear in midair, even if no robots are under them, when a robot successfully captures a point.
- Rarely, the gate before Gate A in Mannhattan will appear to be still open even though the gate closing sound plays and there are no robots passing through it before it closes. The same situation may apply to Gate A when Gate B is captured.
- Occasionally gate bots will run to spawn after briefly touching the gate.