|Map type||Payload Race|
|File name:|| |
|Release date:||October 20, 2017|
|Last updated:||November 17, 2017|
- fuzzymellow -
|Hazards:|| Drowning, Trains,|
Payload Cart explosion
|Health Kits:||×6 • ×8|
|Ammo Boxes:||×2 • ×4 • ×2|
Banana Bay is a community-made, rotationally symmetric Payload Race map set in a tropical environment.
Each team must push its cart along overlapping loops around the map in order to reach its Finish Point, while simultaneously preventing the enemy team from doing the same, possibly facing the other team and its cart head-on on parallel tracks. There is no time limit; the round only finishes when one team reaches the Final Point and manages to hold the cart at the top of the exposed inclined slope long enough for it to be hit by a passing Train, akin to Cactus Canyon.
Banana Bay was released in the Jungle Inferno Update.
A portion of the money made from sales of Jungle Inferno Campaign Pass for the Jungle Inferno campaign goes to the authors of this map.
This unusual map has the teams competing in a three-dimensional rabbit warren that encourages flanking and ambushing. The RED and BLU Payload tracks trace identical figure-8 point-to-point layouts. Two sections of passing tracks have players on both teams potentially pushing and defending their own cart while simultaneously firing on enemy cart pushers.
- Highline: The B.N.N.A. Railroad main line shoots a straight viaduct across loops of the Payload tracks. Periodically, a ridable banana Train runs across the Highline. A diesel air horn and crossing bells warn of an approaching Train. Sets of four searchlight-style railway signals on each of the three Highline bridges and inside each spawn indicate the direction that the approaching Train is running.
- Payload Tracks: The rotational symmetry results in two perfectly identical Payload track layouts:
- Start Point: The Start Point is in full sight of the spawn, set near the beach.
- Subway: This is a double-track passage between the two team Start Points at either end.
- Syphon: As the track passes the enemy Start Point, it drops underwater into an inverted siphon cave, after which it completes a turn back to the Low Bridge.
- Low Bridge: This double-track bridge passes over the Subway and beneath the middle Highline bridge.
- Incline: The final segment of the track is a long push up multiple inclined slopes, passing directly beneath the exits of the enemy's spawn. A flank tunnel passes beneath the Incline between two sets of Health and Ammo Pickups.
- Finish Point: The Finish Point is a short rollback zone onto the Highline tracks. The team must hold the cart there in that exposed position for the Train to hit and end the round.
- Stations: The team spawns are located in railroad stations perched high on cliffs at opposite ends of the map. Each spawn has three exit gates to choose From, right to left;
- Platform: This exit crosses the Train track between two gates to the Catwalk. Players can "beat the train" through the left gate when it opens or they can easily hop the freight, largely unseen, to ambush the enemy on down the line.
- Deck: The deck has a straight shot down the Highline at the enemy spawn. It also commands the team's Start Point and the enemy's Final Point, but its view of much of the lower enemy Incline is obstructed by the Highline's girder bridge. Players can jump from the Deck to the Train tracks; this is the shortest route to the Final Points.
- Sally Port: The lower gate from Spawn gives a more hidden exit towards the beach over the dock and the team's Start Point. A crate and leaning pallet are near the gate that can be hopped by even by a flanking enemy Heavy to get up onto the Deck.
- Bays: In contrast to the confines of the core of the map, either side of the map has a large open stretch of deep water and two beaches divided by a jutting cliff. Each Bay provides a swimming, jumping, or flying flank from the team's Deck to its Incline.
- RED Bay: This bay is visible from the windows in RED Spawn. A high, dark-red cliff divides the beaches where BLU's Start Point and Incline are located.
- BLU Bay: This bay is visible from the windows in BLU's spawn. A high, dark-blue cliff divides the beaches where RED's Start Point and Incline are located. A double-volcano island is visible beyond the bay that resembles Mercenary Park.
- Added Banana Bay to the game.
- The train will now pass at its maximum frequency after both payloads make it up the large hill.
- Fixed players getting pushed into the underwater tunnel and ceiling over right spawn exit.
- Fixed spawn gates trapping enemy players.
- Amplified train engine sound.
- Reworked left spawn exit.
- Added small barrier near final cap.
- Improved performance in some areas.
- Reduced push force near outer rocks.
- By placing themselves between the barrier near the gates and the train, players can clip into the roof.
- Underneath the BLU spawn is a summoning circle for Poopy Joe made up of toxic waste, candles, and a large collection of bananas.
- Underneath the RED spawn are two conveyor belts for converting dozens of bananas into Australium bars.
- "Cool beans" are hidden in a number of places around the map:
- Watching television on the desk to the side of BLU Spawn.
- Next to a banana under the steel bridge.
- Sitting on a rope on the BLU dock.
- In spite of being represented on this map as a steam locomotive, that is, with steam exhaust sounds, billowing smoke clouds from the exhaust pipe, and steam whistle calls when exiting and entering the tunnel portals, the B.N.N.A. 064 locomotive (A.D.M.E. 105 on earlier maps) locomotive is in fact a 1937 diesel locomotive with side-rods, modeled on D&RGW #50, the only narrow gauge diesel that the D&RGW ever owned.